Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum to post this. Let me know if I should post elsewhere.

Looking for a supplier of decent quality ballscrews and zero backlash ball nuts. I bought a couple of items to test off eBay and, well, the things feel like they have rocks inside.

My needs are in the 500 to 1,000 mm range for length and likely 10 mm to 16 mm for outer diameter. Lead would be 5, 8 and 10 mm per turn.

I'm looking for something that I would describe as a reasonable mid-range product. Not sure how else to describe it. Product from companies like THK can easily reach into the thousands of dollars. I am willing to spend in the low hundreds for the longer ballscrews and ideally $100 or less for the shorter version. I am not very price sensitive within this range, just can't justify spending thousands.

If I had to add to that list, I'd say decent quality linear rails would be great too, although I think it's easier to find those on eBay. I got a few and after disassembly, cleanup and lubrication they seem to work OK, not the best, of course, but reasonable.

Thanks,

-Martin