Good Morning All,

First-time post.

I work as an R&D officer alongside the engineer, my job is to take the 2d AutoCAD design and apply all the tool paths/operations and then cut/mill/saw a prototype on the Emmergi T6 CNC Mill. We are using CAMPlus (supplied with the machine by Emmegi), but find it's limited to some functionality we are seeking and since I am completely new to this (started about a month ago and loving it!) I thought I would come to the experts and ask for guidance.

We work with DXF Profiles, save in LDT and export to LDA (the format the CNC Machine reads). We also wish to save tool paths/operations as blocks to import onto other DXF profiles (a function we do not have right now)

For example, we have three types of operations: Manual (no drive rail), single (drive rail on one side) and automatic (drive rail on both sides of the doors). We have 4 different types of drive rails depending on the overall weight and size dictates which drive rail we need to use.

So we would like to design the drive rails and all their required parts and then export them to another program or file format and import them when needed and adjust their position, instead of design each door three + times.

I hope I have made sense.

If there are any standalone CAM software that you know, that fit the above. Please help, even better if it comes with awesome tutorials.

Thank you for your time and help,
Benjamin