585,754 active members*
4,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > changing a post processor

changing a post processor

Jeff (ltmquik) from this forum was kind enough to make a change to my post processor (camworks) which works perfectly (thanks again Jeff). I am/was completely lost when it comes to understanding the workings of the post processor and would love to learn how to make small changes. What is the best way to learn how to accomplish this? Is there reading material online I can read? The "help" in the software just makes me more confused. In an attempt to not bother Jeff anymore I figured I would post here.

Thanks

Mark

I have not found any software that uses the same post processor or the same methods. The best way to learn is to work with a known good post, modify it, save it as a different name like 'test1', and work from there. CAMWorks has some files for working with the posts but is is fairly vague. Also, if you download the UPG from CAMWorks you can use that as a template however, there are some features that one cannot change or access from that. I mainly use the UPG for compiling.
    Jeff Lange
    Lightning Tool & Manufacturing, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by ltmquik View Post
    I have not found any software that uses the same post processor or the same methods. The best way to learn is to work with a known good post, modify it, save it as a different name like 'test1', and work from there. CAMWorks has some files for working with the posts but is is fairly vague. Also, if you download the UPG from CAMWorks you can use that as a template however, there are some features that one cannot change or access from that. I mainly use the UPG for compiling.

thanks Jeff, I will play with it. I already have upg and have tried but got errors. I tried to find the line you said you changed but couldnt even find that. I will look again.

thanks again for your help with the post.

Mark

You can open the .SRC file in notepad. This works the best as notepad does not do any formatting of the text. The line I changed is about 2/3rds down, just prior to the macros sections.
    Jeff Lange
    Lightning Tool & Manufacturing, Inc.

thanks Jeff, I see now. Wow, there is a lot to learn.

you have been very helpful

this is a great forum