584,830 active members*
5,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > For Sale Only > For Sale: Avid CNC/CNC Router Parts Benchtop Pro 2436 with upgrades

Talking For Sale: Avid CNC/CNC Router Parts Benchtop Pro 2436 with upgrades

I’m selling my recently-purchased Avid CNC/CNC Router Parts Benchtop Pro 2436 CNC router with all of its accessories. Other than the motor drivers everything listed is 6 months old or less. The drivers are approximately 18 months old. It’s been an excellent machine and has immense capabilities, but after a lot of deliberation I’ve decided that a large laser cutter will fit my needs better so it has to go. Location: Springfield Missouri USA

Included in the sale:

- CNC Router Parts Benchtop Pro 2436 mechanical setup. [link]
    Working area: X 635mm (25”), Y 935mm (36.75”), Z 178mm (7”)
    Footprint (machine only): 1086mm (42.75”) x 1392mm (54.75”) x 940mm (37”)
    Footprint – Entire machine/table assembly: 1372mm (54”) x 1918mm (75.5”) x 1880mm (74”)

- CNC Router Parts 420 oz/in low-inductance NEMA23 motors (x4) [link]

- CNC Router Parts proximity sensors (x6) [link]

- CNC Router Parts proximity switch cables (x6) [link]

- CNC Router Parts 80mm spindle mount with tramming plate [link]

- Huanyang 2.2kW 220V water-cooled 80mm spindle with matched VFD [link]
    ~ Note: these are both actual Huanyang-branded products purchased from their Amazon store
    The VFD is mounted under the table but the control panel for it is mounted in front.
    Note that I have not been able to get the front-mounted speed control knob to function but this is likely a setting problem. Manual speed control through the controller buttons works normally.

- Three ER22 collet nuts and collets from 1.5mm to 12mm

- KL-5056 stepper drivers (x4) from Automation Technologies, capable of delivering up to 5.2 amps of current and x125 microstepping [link]

- Meanwell 48V 12.8A power supply [link]

- Arduino Uno with screw shield, flashed with GRBL 1.1h
    I realize that not everyone likes GRBL control software or USB connection so I am offering ONE of the following with the sale:
    CNC Drive AXBB-E Ethernet controller with fully-licensed UCCNC software [link]– This board requires both 5V and 24V power. A separate 24-volt power supply will be included with it.
    Ethernet Smoothstepper with C25 terminal board, capable of running Mach3 or Mach4 software – note that this board does NOT come with software. [link]

- Z-axis probe – This is a simple copper plate wired to a magnet and a bullet connector. The front panel has a female port to plug this into. The probe circuit is also wired to the rear of the table to install a remote tool sensor switch if needed.

- 9V and 5V power supplies for controller and accessory power

- Swiftech MCP50X water pump delivering 3.8 gallons per minute flow [link]

- 240mm radiator with fans & dust filters [link]

- XSPC Ion reservoir [link]

- XSPC water filter w/shutoff valves [link]

- Alphacool flow indicator [link]

- Element 19” LCD TV [link]

- Vivo adjustable monitor mount [link]

- Logitech K400 wireless keyboard with touchpad [link]

- PC running 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 – Purchase will include official full retail copy with activation code.
    i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
    8GB DDR RAM
    128GB hard drive
    USB WiFi antenna

- Endurance Laser 10-watt+ (geek) Pro model diode laser with solid aluminum mount [link]
    The laser mounts with two front-mounted screws and fan and laser power are equipped with quick-connect barrel connectors running through the drag chain. Install/uninstall time is ~90 seconds. Coms with air assist nozzle and tubing – no air pump.
    Laser has shield added made with J-Tech Photonics laser shielding – note that this shield interferes with the air assist nozzle as it stands. A simple hole on one side would allow the nozzle to be used.
    Note that this laser originally came with a TEC cooling plate under the large front fan. That turned out to be completely unnecessary and was removed as unneeded power draw. The laser is rated to 65C max and never topped 35C in my use.
    Full disclosure – this laser is marketed by Endurance as 10+ watts but uses the NUBM47-A1 7-watt laser diode. These can be overdriven to 10 watts but only at the expense of service life. The driver for this laser has been current limited at 4 amps, so actual expected output is 7 watts.

- J-Tech Photonics 5-amp high current laser driver with power supply [link]
    Has constant-power and TTL capability, presently current limited to 4 amps but can output up to 5 with jumper placement or potentiometer setting.

- Endurance Laser lens set – Includes standard 3-element lens as well as G2, G7 and G8 lenses. [link]
    G8 lens is currently installed as it seems to be the all-around best performer.

- Fully licensed copy of Lightburn laser control software [link]

- Red-dot positioning laser mounted to left side of spindle mount – AA battery powered.

Custom table – made from 2x10 lumber with 2x4 cross posts and ¾ particle board top, equipped with 2 ½” swivel casters with adjustable leveling feet. 110V and 220V outlets in the back of the table, just unplug 2 cords and you can roll the whole assembly anywhere. Two external 110 outlets on side (one used by monitor), four-port switched surge protector mounted underneath the table – one of these is switched on the front panel for dust collection. All switches already wired for external switch connection, and two switches on the front panel are unused so you can wire up any 110 load you like to either or both of these switches.
    Front panel includes VFD control panel, laser driver, probe port and switches for E-stop, controller power, water pump power, 110 outlet power and PC power, as well as three unused switches capable of handling 6amps of current.
    This machine is capable of amazing things. It will work easily with anything from wood to acrylic to aluminum copper and brass. While it *will* cut harder metals, the bottom of the torque curve in this spindle is around 12K rpm, way faster than optimal for hard metals. To work these you’ll have to take very shallow cuts.
    I put together an album with some examples of work done on the machine: [link]

Machine pics! - There is a limit of 8 pics per post, so all of the pics can be seen here: [link]

I’ve got just over $7000 invested in the setup. Asking $5800 cash only. Serious inquiries only please. If you’re interested in the machine and you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to ask. You can reach me here or by email at [email protected].

Located in Springfield Missouri USA

Re: For Sale: Avid CNC/CNC Router Parts Benchtop Pro 2436 with upgrades

Router has sold, thanks for looking!

Dang, I'm in the market for one, but I am located outside of Seattle. Shipping would not be fun.. I think.

The guy that was going to buy this flaked out on me. PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by retrosmith View Post
    The guy that was going to buy this flaked out on me. PM sent.

PM Response sent. Thanks

This machine has SOLD. (Couldn't figure out how to edit the initial post or delete it, sorry.)