585,883 active members*
5,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Moldmaking > Anyone in the market for Small Injection Molder?

Anyone in the market for Small Injection Molder?

I have 3 BOY 15 plastic injection mold presses. They are early 80's models. Two are horizontal/vertical convertible and one is horizontal only. I have the Horizontal only one working, it will cycle in automatic. Leaks hydraulic fluid from a couple of the valves. Has the heater bands and thermocouples installed, hydraulic ejection, hydraulic nozzle shutoff, and 8" between tie bars.

One of the other two, I have got it to operate in manual, but it needs some limit switches and one of the temperature controllers. These two don't have the heaters, but do have the hydraulic ejection and hydraulic nozzle shutoffs.

The last one I have not even connected to power, it is missing one of the motor contactors and a couple of the temp controllers. The hydraulics and motors are complete.

I have a tech maunal that I bought from BOY.

I bought these thinking that I would get into molding, but I don't have the time to work on it and I would like to clear them out of my shop.

I don't have a fork lift, however, I have an overhead hoist that I can lift them up onto a trailer or the back of a pickup. If anyone would be interested in them, I am located in south central kentucky, about 30 miles east of Bowling Green.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Jim

Hi Jim

I have sent you a email
    Mactec54

Small Injection Molder

Hey Everyone,
    I came across this link looking for a small injection molder something to work on for hobbies. I make small injection molding machines for hobby use. I thought that there might be some people interested in this as well. If you would like to take a look at the machine please feel free. http://www.backyardengineer.com also please feel free to email me: [email protected] here is a picture of xject v1.0

molding machines

what is your email to get info on the machines, jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
    I have 3 BOY 15 plastic injection mold presses. They are early 80's models. Two are horizontal/vertical convertible and one is horizontal only. I have the Horizontal only one working, it will cycle in automatic. Leaks hydraulic fluid from a couple of the valves. Has the heater bands and thermocouples installed, hydraulic ejection, hydraulic nozzle shutoff, and 8" between tie bars.

One of the other two, I have got it to operate in manual, but it needs some limit switches and one of the temperature controllers. These two don't have the heaters, but do have the hydraulic ejection and hydraulic nozzle shutoffs.

The last one I have not even connected to power, it is missing one of the motor contactors and a couple of the temp controllers. The hydraulics and motors are complete.

I bought these thinking that I would get into molding, but I don't have the time to work on it and I would like to clear them out of my shop.

I don't have a fork lift, however, I have an overhead hoist that I can lift them up onto a trailer or the back of a pickup. If anyone would be interested in them, I am located in south central kentucky, about 30 miles east of Bowling Green.

Jim

hello my name is bill and ive been desperatly trying to find a manual bench top injection molder for a reasonable price, new used doesnt matter. ive looked at one on ebay it is an emco injection molder . i asked to seller about it and was told its not the machine for sale its a cd about the machiine, phhss.
    iam trying to find sometion to make my little invention a reality but everything on the net even remotly similar costs a fortune. i keep reading blogs about people finding them at old school sales, well id really like to know what schools . lol my email is [email protected]. if any one can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks , bill.

billytheinject
    You can't just dive in & think getting a bench top machine will even make your parts,
    You have to look at how big your part is, (Will the mold fit in the machine) what material you want to make it out of, (will the machine have enough Heat & pressure to mold that material) Ejection, How will you get your parts out of the mold,There are some very good bench top machines out there, but not all will do the job that you need

Pm me if you need some help with your part to be molded
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post

Jim
    Can you show a picture of the working one? What is the size of it and how many OZ. of material will it push? Whats the largest size of mold it will hold? Horizontal or vertical?

Those particular machines were sold in 2007, shortly after this thread was started.