584,800 active members*
4,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Liquid metal printing

Hey. I want to introduce the decision to print metal. https://tarazbot.blogspot.com/2019/0...019112403.html In December, I intend to introduce an extruder for home printers, with the ability to print with fusible metals, and other materials.
    The aim of the project is the creation of a machine for printing a part with milling processing as necessary. I will be glad to communicate if the topic is of interest.

Re: Liquid metal printing

That would be nice!

Keep in mind that in most engineering dept., we are much more interested and concerned with materials' mechanical & thermal properties, than how cool the techniques employed and/or how machine-tools performs.
    The latest being the reason we've returned the laser material deposition machine we've procured back in 2018, and instead proceeded with conventional removal methods.
    All in all, by far the worst material stress/strain curves we've ever seen in the industry e.g. altered properties, often random, and unusable (non-compliant) in most of the designs.

I hope you will be able to solve those issues, in most cases quite severe.

G'luck and looking forward

Yes, laser printing is also very expensive. I like the solution from DigitalAlloys, they have certain difficulties, but I think they will solve them. Things are going pretty slowly with me, as I am doing everything alone, at home and is limited by resources. But there is a goal, a desire, and there will be a result.

Problems aren't with the cost or machine, but with the "materials' mechanical & thermal properties" (engineering level). Just to make sure you've understood what I was saying...
    Unless you have the resources to hire a dedicated Material Scientist and an entire research and development team, I wouldn't waste too much energy and money on this project.
    ps. even if the machine is worth 10 billion $ its still going to spit out "random" properties in different forms and shapes. Perfectly okay for the $1 cloth hanger metal part, but not for engineered structures/parts; one would simply buy a composite 3D printer in those circumstances.

Just my 2 cents mind you.

I understand what you are talking about. That's why I drew your attention to Digital Alloys. They have research on what happens when printing with molten metal. I think everyone understands the problem, and sooner or later, I think it will be solved, I hope. Of course, many people want it right here and now, but it doesn’t.

All looks good on the pictures and videos ;-) Just don't drop the part on a harden concrete floor... you'll be sweeping hundreds of little pieces LOL
    That very high frequency "ding" sound, you know...

Hi
    I m interested it.keep in watching you.
    James

Hello,
    I did not understand the language inside the file.could you share English version?
    James
    whatsapp:18600395818
    Email:[email protected]