I recently picked up a 2000 DMG DMU103V machine. MMC103 840D control. Machine was never used (long story) and sat for 15 years. I had to reset the NCK and PLC to clear an MDI error (couldnt write into the MDI window, buffer error).

So I had the machine working except for one thing, It could not start MDBBE.exe in diagnostics which is a file that allows error logs to be created and viewed. I thought the drive might be going south so I used a startech hardware cloning device and the clone failed but the original drive wont boot any more. A warning to anyone else who thinks of using these units.

I put in an RFQ with DMG for a new drive but they dont think they can make one. They want me to upgrade the control, buy new software from them and have them install. Around 12K was the guesstimate I got. I do have the original DMG floppies and a copy of win95 that came with the machine. Ive looked far and wide, posted to the siemens forum but no one seems to know how to create a new system drive. I also called around to some CNC service centers in NorCal and was told Id probably have to fly a tech in from the east coast. Is it really that hard to do? If anyone can do this, I can pay, Let me know!!