Hello.

I am building my first CNC router about 1000x1000mm big. I have some questions regarding electronic components since I do not have much background about this.

1. I was looking at kits containing Nema23 3Nm(425oz.in.) stepper motors, DM542 drivers and 35 V power supply. I was reading about voltage these motors require and apparently, it depends on motor phase inductanse (in mH), with the formula 32*sqrt(mH). So my question is, if I buy the motors with 3,8 mH, this would require 62 V to reach max torque of 3Nm - will the driver limitation of 50 V do any harm or will it relatively decrease max torque, so it being (50/62)*3Nm=2,4Nm? Or will power supply of 35 V further decrease max torque to (35/62)*3Nm=1,7Nm? Do I understand this correctly at all? So would choosing motors with inductanse of 2,3 mH and power supply of 48 V enable me to reach max torque?

2. I would like to use Mach3 and am looking for a compatible breakout-board. From what I've read, the ethernet connection is the most stable, do I just need a network card with LAN plug and I can use that?

3. Do you recommend any specific combinations of motors and drivers from?

Thank you very much for your help.