584,800 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas mill and lathe overvolt power problems
Page 2 of 2 12
    Actually just got a response from haas. Here it is

Dave,

Sounds like the battery is gone and hopefully the processor is ok. We would need to make a service call and if you want us to set it up please send us the SN of the machine and some contact information so we can quote the job. I have copied our "Service" e-mail. Please respond to that e-mail as well to get the best response for your inquiry.

Thank you,

Mark

Yes i did try to clear the alarm several times. It counts down from 15 and shuts off. Every time you press reset it resets the count but thats it

Re: Haas mill and lathe overvolt power problems

Quote Originally Posted by dabularach View Post
    Yes i did try to clear the alarm several times. It counts down from 15 and shuts off. Every time you press reset it resets the count but thats it
    Your first thoughts where right they must of been shut down too long it pays to power them up every 2 weeks just run them through a cycle spindle warm up Etc and leave them on for a few hours, they use very little power just sitting for a few hours

How old are your machines
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Your first thoughts where right they must of been shut down too long it pays to power them up every 2 weeks just run them through a cycle spindle warm up Etc and leave them on for a few hours, they use very little power just sitting for a few hours

How old are your machines
    They are from 2008

Re: Haas mill and lathe overvolt power problems

Quote Originally Posted by dabularach View Post
    They are from 2008
    I have some 2008 machines that are still doing fine, I will keep an eye on them though and get a replacement kit ready, they are not hard to change with the kit they have but in your case you will of lost all the Parameters, if you did not have a Backup that could be a problem, there is normally a basic factory parameter backup in a bag on the machines main cabinet door, this may not give you everything if your machine has any extras added
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 12