584,866 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > A2100 will not boot past OS loading

A2100 will not boot past OS loading

hey all, i have problem with a 1996 Sabre 1500 with A2100 control. i installed a new 120GB SSD on Sabre 1500. had clone the hard drive software i used was g4u. but A2100 will not boot past OS loading. i had to set the disk option to Extened CHS in BIOS but have no luck. any ideas or suggestions on where to go from here? apology for my poor English

it looks like A2100's won't support hard drive larger than 4GB due to the BIOS on the motherboard
    Last edited by toby4098; 10-18-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Some of the WS board BIOS do have limitations on hard drive size, others can be manually configured for larger drives.

But one of the most common issues is modern operating systems will automatically overwrite the file system from FAT to NTFS. If the computer you used to clone the original drive did this, the A2100 will not work with it.

our WSCPU use AMIBIOS version 1.00.05.AZ0. this BIOS version will work with CompactFlash module. a workaround below:
    1. buy 3.5" IDE to single CF SSD adapter
    2. buy 4GB CompactFlash memory card
    3. clone the original CNC hard drive to a 4GB CF card
    4. change "Hard Disk Type = Auto Configured" and "IDE Translation Mode = Extended CHS" in the CMOS setup
    now the A2100 managed to boot up

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    Some of the WS board BIOS do have limitations on hard drive size, others can be manually configured for larger drives.

But one of the most common issues is modern operating systems will automatically overwrite the file system from FAT to NTFS. If the computer you used to clone the original drive did this, the A2100 will not work with it.
    hey Maver1ck, can you show me how to manually configure for a larger drive? our WS board BIOS can't handle anything larger than 4GB hard drive. as always, thank you for your help

The BIOS needs to be configured for the specific drive you are using so can't tell you what you would need to use. You would need to look up the drive specs for what you have and enter them.