584,800 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Spindle start only by Pushing the "spindle CW F5" Button and not by CycleStart Button

Spindle start only by Pushing the "spindle CW F5" Button and not by CycleStart Button

Hi There

Every thing was working fine before, but after some moving of my shop and not working with my CNC machine it is acting a little strange

In order to run my machining program my spindle does not run by Pushing the Cycle start Button (After pushing the button the axis move but spindle doesn't run) and in order to run my Cutting program at first I must start the spindle using the Spindle CW F5 Button and enter the RPM, then I push the CycleStart Button, and then it start to cut and behaves normally.

I use artcam to generate commands, and before I had no issues with these commands.

What could be wrong with my setup?

My machine is made of the followings:
    • Two 4.5 N.m (637 OZ-In) NEMA 34 Step Motor for my Y Axis. (To be Exact the Leadshine Model No. 86HS45 Step Motor)
    • One Of The same Motor for X and another for Z Axis.
    • Y and X axis are rack and pinion with a 13 Pitch Pinion each @ 7 mm apart.
    • The drivers are also LeadShine M880A
    • My Board is the Typical Chinese made. The so called 5 axis Board.
    • Spindle is a 3 Hp Single phase which I run it using a single to three Phase LS Inverter.
    • The Structure is a Light 4”*4” (10 cm * 10 cm) Square Tube
    • The Dimension of the Table is 2m*4m, So it is sort of Big but not so heavy since the thickness of Tube is only 2 or 3 mm.
    • The Controller is Mach3 Version R3.041

Regards
    Jhonansaro

Re: Spindle start only by Pushing the "spindle CW F5" Button and not by CycleStart Bu

Quote Originally Posted by johnansaro View Post
    Hi There

Every thing was working fine before, but after some moving of my shop and not working with my CNC machine it is acting a little strange

In order to run my machining program my spindle does not run by Pushing the Cycle start Button (After pushing the button the axis move but spindle doesn't run) and in order to run my Cutting program at first I must start the spindle using the Spindle CW F5 Button and enter the RPM, then I push the CycleStart Button, and then it start to cut and behaves normally.

I use artcam to generate commands, and before I had no issues with these commands.

My machine is made of the followings:
    • Two 4.5 N.m (637 OZ-In) NEMA 34 Step Motor for my Y Axis. (To be Exact the Leadshine Model No. 86HS45 Step Motor)
    • One Of The same Motor for X and another for Z Axis.
    • Y and X axis are rack and pinion with a 13 Pitch Pinion each @ 7 mm apart.
    • The drivers are also LeadShine M880A
    • My Board is the Typical Chinese made. The so called 5 axis Board.
    • Spindle is a 3 Hp Single phase which I run it using a single to three Phase LS Inverter.
    • The Structure is a Light 4”*4” (10 cm * 10 cm) Square Tube
    • The Dimension of the Table is 2m*4m, So it is sort of Big but not so heavy since the thickness of Tube is only 2 or 3 mm.
    • The Controller is Mach3 Version R3.041

Regards
    Jhonansaro
    Are you using the Relay on the Breakout Board, this is the first place to check to see if it is activating when you use M3 you can test this in MDI mode M3 S6000

I saw your other post because you reinstalled everything there is probably some setting in Mach3 that are not set as they where
    Mactec54

Re: Spindle start only by Pushing the "spindle CW F5" Button and not by CycleStart Bu

Hi There
    thanks for the reply.
    As matter of fact the spindle would not run with M3 S7000 or 10000 or 12000 .... It starts making a Hamming sound but would not run, But it actually Runs only and only
    with M3 S18000, which is the Maximum Number in my Pulley selection Tab or Window. and as matter of fact it start with sort of few second delay which is a little
    worrisome, particularly on jobs that I need a quick start (Small Pieces Of work).

Also I do not have any relay on my BOB, all I have is My standard 5 axis BOB(which I am attaching the spec. for it), Inverter (LS), Spindle, mach3.

regards
    jhonansaro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ST-V2.pdf