Hi, Im having issues after relocating a machine to a new premise. I am having intermittent hard limit triggers when appliances are plugged in or switched on/off on nearby sockets. The origin appears to be from the arcing when plugging in or switching nearby devices but also when plugging the male end of an extension lead when no device/load in connected to the female end.I can reliably reproduce the issue when the laptop and controller are earthed but also when they run on floating ground (battery power no connection to the mains wiring).

As an example of a test I have tried the laptop and controller have a floating ground and an extension lead with nothing connected to the female end is plugged in and out to produce small arcs. When the cable is 1m away from the laptop there is no hard limit triggered but if brought within 30cm while plugging in/out I do get hard limits triggered.

Is there any solution to filter or protect against what appears to be both conducted and radiated interference? If I just earth the laptop and controller the triggering happens much easier so it looks to be induced into the earthing on the mains if close enough.