585,676 active members*
5,522 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit from CNC-Aid.com

Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit from CNC-Aid.com

Hello,

I'm looking at buying a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool from CNC-Aid.com

It sounds like what I've been looking for to engrave uneven surfaces and the price seems very reasonable compared to others I've seen.

Does anyone have experience with this spring loaded engraving tool?

Thanks ahead of time for your valued input.

Re: Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit from CNC-Aid.com

hi, i have used a spring loaded engraving tool, maybe not exactly like yours : you could mechanically adjust the spring, and adjusting the feed value modifies the dots resolution

what else should i say ? aaa, yes, you may craft the tips yourself, heat-treat them, etc

if u wish, please share a link with your tool / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hi, i have used a spring loaded engraving tool, maybe not exactly like yours : you could mechanically adjust the spring, and adjusting the feed value modifies the dots resolution

what else should i say ? aaa, yes, you may craft the tips yourself, heat-treat them, etc

if u wish, please share a link with your tool / kindly
    The link of the tool I'm looking at is:

F.E.T. is the Ultimate and Most Affordable "Floating Engraving Tool" kit available!

The write up on this Engraving Tool sounds very impressive. I need one that can handle high RPM and this one is rated from 0 to 50,000 RPM! It is also available in 1/4" diameter or 6mm which is the size of my router spindle. It is also a COMPLETE kit which will apparently... also accepts other engraving CARBIDE bits of the same diameter. It seems to have all you need to do CNC "Power" OR "Drag" Engraving. I've looked at many so far, and "nothing" even comes close to this one for the price and what you get with the speed capability.

I don't think $89.00 for this kit is a much of a gamble so I will take the plunge and order one today,

but it would be nice to hear from someone who has one and their opinion of it compared to others.

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

Haven't used this or another type of spring loaded engraving tool and haven't seen those that run under power, usually just stationary scratching types.

Made my own spring loaded pen holder for drawing contours and outlines for pattern drawing, proof of concepts and testing and that works quite well.

A diamond tip for an extra $17.95 sounds like a pretty good deal too unless someone else knows about other options...

If you get one I would be most interested and appreciate your feedback with the experience of shipping, delivery and operation as I'm looking for just such a tool.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by he1957 View Post
    Haven't used this or another type of spring loaded engraving tool and haven't seen those that run under power, usually just stationary scratching types.

Made my own spring loaded pen holder for drawing contours and outlines for pattern drawing, proof of concepts and testing and that works quite well.

A diamond tip for an extra $17.95 sounds like a pretty good deal too unless someone else knows about other options...

If you get one I would be most interested and appreciate your feedback with the experience of shipping, delivery and operation as I'm looking for just such a tool.

Thanks in advance.
    I bought one with the optional diamond engraving bit from their website. $89 + 17.95 with free shipping.
    I got it yesterday!
    I tried other drag engraving tools and none of them are able to do power engraving.
    They don't have the ability to spin the bit because they only push the bit with a spring.
    This cnc-aid one is designed to grab the bit and force it to turn. Therefore it can do power engraving as well as drag engraving.
    I can say that this tool does everything I hoped for and recommend it for anyone who needs to do engraving.
    You might want to check out the last post from allaces regarding engraving for more info as well.