585,733 active members*
5,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation What am I doing wrong!?

HI there!

I am a newbie to laser cutting and engraving.

I have recently bought a 50 watt laser cutter from China and cannot work out how to increase engraving speed. I tried making a 15cm diameter circle design and it took over 1 1/2 hours with very little details I understand I should be able to do 200 - 350 mmm per second. But I can not go over 10mm per second.

If I go over this speed, it goes even slower then 10mm per per second.

What am I doing wrong!? I use corel laser/draw. X7. I have been at it for weeks speaking to supplier, facebook forums, Google and YouTube but I am getting nowhere.

I have tried 300 DPI.

Any guidance will be great! I just want to get in there and start making some beautiful designs!

Thank you!

Hello,
    Have you get any feedback from supplier engineer?
    if still no any feedback,please add my whatsapp so that I can share you some suugestions once I get your machinery work video.
    Whatsapp&Phone:0086-18600395818

Hello,
    Have you get any feedback from supplier engineer?
    if still no any feedback,please add my whatsapp so that I can share you some suggestions once I get your machinery work video.
    Whatsapp&Phone:0086-18600395818

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy92 View Post
    HI there!

I am a newbie to laser cutting and engraving.

I have recently bought a 50 watt laser cutter from China and cannot work out how to increase engraving speed. I tried making a 15cm diameter circle design and it took over 1 1/2 hours with very little details I understand I should be able to do 200 - 350 mmm per second. But I can not go over 10mm per second.

If I go over this speed, it goes even slower then 10mm per per second.

What am I doing wrong!? I use corel laser/draw. X7. I have been at it for weeks speaking to supplier, facebook forums, Google and YouTube but I am getting nowhere.

I have tried 300 DPI.

Any guidance will be great! I just want to get in there and start making some beautiful designs!

Thank you!
    Dear Darcy92,

I am not sure about the specs of the laser nor the context of the application itself, but I think you are trying to engrave an jpg/bmp image... My intuition says that you should try a vector marking, i.e., mark lines instead of pixels. This, of course, if your design allows that kind of marking, because not every design would allow it. I imagine the laser cutter is a XY table with the focusing optics in there, it should allow to mark vector files or at least a converted ones (dxf format, or dwg).

If you could provide further information, or a sample of the design, maybe the people used to the design software could help... Could you take a screenshot of the parameters/SW of the laser, the allowed file formats, etc?

Best regards,
    iosef