584,808 active members*
5,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Would like to add more tools

Hi there guys
    I would like to add some more tool holder positions to my machine and adjust the height offset for the tool holders as Im wanting to mount a much better dust collector foot wich requires adjustment height of the tool parking positions.
    I currently have 6 positions but I know it could handle at least 4 more tool spots
    So my Q would be to do with re configuring the tool park position machine commands??
    Has anyone tried this before ?
    Syntec Controler
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Would like to add more tools

Hi,

just in the making of converting my 8 position tools to 12 position tools.
    First check in parameter 3409 if you set that to 10 it might work out.

Thx for that tip joey666
    I did change that parameter 3409 now to 12 from the original 6 as I have built up the linear tool rack to handle 12 tools
    The machine now responds to the additional tool positions
    Only thing is that it seems to travel in the wrong tool park direction for T7 but seems to be happy with T8, but with T9,T10,T11 & T12
    all it does is stay in the one position and goes through the release and clamp a tool process move.

Keep in mind that I have already adjusted and added the X,Y,Z for the additional tool holder positions in the global variable parameters starting from Parameter 600 onwards

Seems there is more parameter tool macro settings somewhere that need to be tweeked ??????

So if you are trying to enable additional tools too then we are in the same boat with this one.

Thx for that tip joey666
    I did change that parameter 3409 now to 12 from the original 6 as I have built up the linear tool rack to handle 12 tools
    The machine now responds to the additional tool positions
    Only thing is that it seems to travel in the wrong tool park direction for T7 but seems to be happy with T8, but with T9,T10,T11 & T12
    all it does is stay in the one position and goes through the release and clamp a tool process move.

Keep in mind that I have already adjusted and added the X,Y,Z for the additional tool holder positions in the global variable parameters starting from Parameter 600 onwards

Seems there is more parameter tool macro settings somewhere that need to be tweeked ??????

So if you are trying to enable additional tools too then we are in the same boat with this one.

I think that has to do wih the T0000 macro tool 9-12 are not defined. Can you share your full backup?
    Can you add T9-12 to ATC INFO screen, thats what i can not change higher then T10.

I do have an older 6 tool back up but it doesnt seem to have the T0000 macro file anywhere obvious for me to look into or modify

Re: the ATC info screen not sure what you mean there ? I dont think I even have an ATC info screen that would be nice to have
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you made a full backup? do you have a syntec 6mb?
    I think there should be a folder in the backup called macro.

Yes Full backup as per the zip files included in my previous post
    There are no folders in the backup ????
    Not a 6mb This is a EZ4 Model: 900M

This guy in the link below has the same issue of not beung able to get his tool macros in the backup files ?????

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/chine...ml#post2348634

I see, 900 series is different. Sorry have no experiance with then as i don 't have pr600 for tool positions.