585,556 active members*
3,385 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Flat V-Bits

Flat D-Bits

Hello,

I just received some D-Bits I ordered from Ebay Germany. They are supposed to be 90° (0.3mm Flat), 120° (0.1mm Flat) and 150° (0.1mm Flat).
    When I received them, something seemed off... I couldn't see the 150° bit. I contacted the seller (incl. pictures) and they told me all the bits look ok. The 150° in the picture on ebay looks very different from any one that I received.

Link to the sellers website:
    https://www.gravierbedarf.de/epages/...ucts/V60015001

It's my first time using these kind of V-bits and I just want to know if there is just something I don't understand about these bits or is the seller trying to screw me over?

Here are the pictures i also sent to the seller and a picture of the 150° bit from the listing. I roughly measured the angles by drawing lines over the image in Rhino. The 90° and 120° bits look ok (+/- a few degrees because of the inaccuracy of the image).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails angle3.jpg   angle2.jpg  

Re: Flat V-Bits

Quote Originally Posted by pbrgle1 View Post
    Hello,

I just received some V-Bits I ordered from Ebay Germany. They are supposed to be 90° (0.3mm Flat), 120° (0.1mm Flat) and 150° (0.1mm Flat).
    When I received them, something seemed off... I couldn't see the 150° bit. I contacted the seller (incl. pictures) and they told me all the bits look ok. The 150° in the picture on ebay looks very different from any one that I received.

Link to the sellers website:
    https://www.gravierbedarf.de/epages/...ucts/V60015001

It's my first time using these kind of V-bits and I just want to know if there is just something I don't understand about these bits or is the seller trying to screw me over?

Here are the pictures i also sent to the seller and a picture of the 150° bit from the listing. I roughly measured the angles by drawing lines over the image in Rhino. The 90° and 120° bits look ok (+/- a few degrees because of the inaccuracy of the image).

You can not measure a D-Bit angle like that there is only ( 1 ) edge that will be correct

Only one edge will be the cutting angle so off the shank and the angled cutting edge is what the angle will be, the other edge will be different as that is a Ground relief You only cut with ( 1 ) edge with a D-Bit like this

Don't know why they are showing the D-Bit like that
    Mactec54

Re: Flat V-Bits

Yes, I'm aware of that. That's why i measured only the most shallow side and mirrored it across the center of the shank.
    The measurement you see in my picture is not between the edges, but rather the cutting edge mirrored across the center line of the shank.

The other image (from their website) is just to illustrate the difference.