585,753 active members*
4,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Milling > DMS 3 Axis Gantry run 5 Axis code?

DMS 3 Axis Gantry run 5 Axis code?

I a programming for DMS 3 and 5 axis gantries using Catia and posting with CIMPro. The post processor posts out the same code for a 3 axis and a 5 axis. If it is to run on the 3 axis machine, then the code needs to be edited to remove all of the B0 and C0 calls.
    I know it is possible to have two separate posts, one for the 3 axis and one for the 5 axis, but it would be preferable to run the same code on both machines.

My question is this: Does anyone know of a way to run GCode on a Fagor 8065 controller and have it ignore a B or C axis call if it does not have those axis's configured? It there a was to configure the machine parameters to no throw an error when it reads B0 or C0?

Re: DMS 3 Axis Gantry run 5 Axis code?

Hi,

sorry, but i think no. You have to make a note for this axis ( like this G1 X0 Y0 Z0 ;B0 C0).or delete it.

If you have it in a code machine will be read it always and in a case 3 ax machine, drive control say you that you have many axis on a line (or something similar)

I would personally solve this by a user application that would remove the rotary axes after it was generated.
    Alphacam post and VBA macros, Autodesk HSM post.
    www.cadcam-softcz.cz