584,865 active members*
4,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil X5 Speedmaster Z axis limit switch

Syil X5 Speedmaster Z axis limit switch

I have recently acquired a used Syil X5 speedmaster. I've got it working, mostly, Utilizing Mach3 with a smoothstepper. I have set all the home pins and dirs up in Mach3 and when I do a 'Reference All Home' the x and y home perfect but the z axis never moves.
    I'd like to know where the z axis limit switch is located so I can check, e.g. clean, voltage check and etc. I've searched high and low on the web but nothing show the z axis. Syil is not much help either.
    FYI in Mach3 the outline around the x and y zero buttons are green while the z zero show red. My thinking that Mach3 is not getting a signal from the z axis limit switch, if there is even one.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomic928 View Post
    I have recently acquired a used Syil X5 speedmaster. I've got it working, mostly, Utilizing Mach3 with a smoothstepper. I have set all the home pins and dirs up in Mach3 and when I do a 'Reference All Home' the x and y home perfect but the z axis never moves.
    I'd like to know where the z axis limit switch is located so I can check, e.g. clean, voltage check and etc. I've searched high and low on the web but nothing show the z axis. Syil is not much help either.
    FYI in Mach3 the outline around the x and y zero buttons are green while the z zero show red. My thinking that Mach3 is not getting a signal from the z axis limit switch, if there is even one.
    Thanks
    OK solved it, thanks for everyones help and input

Re: Syil X5 Speedmaster Z axis limit switch

I believe you are getting a spurious spike on z axis making mach3 say it is homed.
    Symptom is that z axis ends up green.
    My SX3 gets spikes on z sometimes due to dust on z slide causing exactly the same problem.
    For me, if the home position is important, a blast with compressed air fixes it.
    I ALWAYS home machine at turn on to ensure soft limits always work,
    but doing mostly manual work it only means I can't get z axis high enough.
    The cutter stops it in -z direction.
    So I then just re-home z from the diagnostics page.
    When homing, my mach3 ALWAYS turns on soft limits.
    I achieved this using screen.exe (mach3 screen designer) by adding 'turn on soft limits' to the end of each screen button that does homing.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.