A few days ago my Path Pilot control failed to boot, it just did nothing when powered up. Thinking it might be the power supply, I bought a replacement, but the power supply was apparently not the issue. I'm guessing that the motherboard must have gone out, as I've removed all the connections to the MOBO, and I don't even get a BIOS beep... nothing at all when I hit the power switch.

So, I contacted Tormach. There is a old technical document (attached) that suggests 4 compatible motherboards, but they're all old and out of stock everywhere. It's pretty hard to find any LGA1150 Micro ATX motherboards new.

Tormach sells "refurbished" controls for ~$500 with a 1 year warranty. That's not totally unreasonable, but it's a little hard to stomach that kind of money to buy an old machine. But it is one option.

I'm not really interested in refurbished or old components, so the other option is to replace the motherboard in my Path Pilot. But that requires (also) replacing the DDR memory, and the processor. It's been a while since I built a machine from scratch! Obviously, I don't need a high-spec gaming rig, just something that will be durable and run PathPilot. I've seen a few builds from people who have space constraints or want to do weird stuff with their control, I'm just looking to rebuild Path Pilot with a modern system. Does anyone have recommendations for a Motherboard that's known to work well, and a processor? Very common parts are good (and next day shipping from Amazon is best!) T

My thought was this motherboard:
https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-B365...1&s=pc&sr=1-10
And this processor:
https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Celeron...8919011&sr=8-2

Not 100% sure if those two are compatible, but the combination is only around $120. add another ~$30 worth of memory, and it seems like a faster, cheaper solution than Tormach offers... but is there anything I'm missing here? Do I need to worry about having a dedicated USB controller in a PCI slot? Other compatibility issues? Thanks in advance for your help, hopefully this will serve as a guide to others with the same problem.