Quote Originally Posted by justinwol View Post
I'm not sure we have the same model (HY02D223B) or version (Vr1.000). This is not how mine works. P003 does not prevent max spindle RPM if below 400 (max Hz of spindle) when using the keypad. I'm done here now, but as a courtesy, see below if you're interested in the difference between my VFD and the ones you work on regarding PD003's operation.

Again, very much appreciate your help!

This is how PD003 parameter works on the HY02D223B that I have (some of this has already been stated, but for completeness I included it):

First, PD003 applies to the keypad mode only or as the manual says "digital operator mode". Setting PD002 = 1 changes to "external control multi-speed mode" and PD003 is not used.

Using the keypad mode only (PD002 = 0), PD003 must be set between PD005(max Hz) and PD011(min Hz) - in my case 400 and 100 respectively. It doesn't matter if PD003 is 100 or 400, you can still get the max spindle rpm (24,000) using the keypad.

For example, the settings PD002 = 0 (keypad only), PD005 = 400, PD011 = 100, PD003 = 100 will simply result in the spindle running at 100hz (6000 rpm) when RUN is pressed. With these settings, I can change the spindle frequency with the keypad all the way up to 400hz (24,000). When the spindle is stopped PD003 will be set to the frequency that was last set using the keypad (in this example, if stopped at 400 Hz, PD003 would now be set to 400, not 100 anymore). Setting PD003 = 400, instead of 100 initially, has the spindle start up at 400 Hz (24,000) when RUN is pressed.

With this in mind, I chose to start the spindle on my first run at a conservative speed of 120 (7200 RPM) so that I could monitor things. I did not want to first test the spindle at max RPM!

To summarize, on my model, setting PD003 below max (400 Hz) does not limit the keypad from getting max RPM. It only sets the initial Speed 1 when run is pressed (as the manual states) and this setting is changed during constant run with the keypad. Therefore the next time you turn on the spindle it will start at the last setting you selected with the keypad.

Hope that helps!
Take care.
I'm afraid your VFD Drive is no different from what anyone else's has, here is how the KeyPad works and needs to be set to memorize the last speed

You are making it sound like it is different but it is not

(4) When both UP and DOWN terminals are closed at the same time the frequency will neither increase nor decrease. It is regarded as invalid.

(5) When the frequency reaches the max operating frequency it will stop increasing.

(6) When the frequency reaches the min frequency or its lower limit, it will stop decreasing.

(7) After a power breakdown the set value of PD003 will be memorized instead of the frequency.

(8) When using the function of UP and DOWN, the keys of the panel are valid. After changing the values it needs to press SET (ENTER) key for confirmation and then the inverter can implement the action. Meanwhile the value will write to PD003, which will be memorized after a power breakdown.

(9) When keeping pressing UP or DOWN the frequency will increase or decrease rapidly to a point and then increase or decrease at even speed.

(10) The value changed by UP or DOWN can be set through PD077 for confirmation of whether it should be memorized or not memorized. For details refer to PD077.