584,837 active members*
5,319 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EnRoute > How to include a spindle start command in Enroute4 for Mach3?

How to include a spindle start command in Enroute4 for Mach3?

Our shop has been working with Enroute 4.1 and Mach3 for years. We recently had a hard drive fail. Luckily we had a backup of mach3 setting and we have full function (including spindle) via Mach3. However the settings for the EnRoute 4 were lost. My question is can Enroute 4 automatically include a spindle-start command in the .tap file generated. At the moment, we are having to start the spindle manually in Mach3 first then running the EnRoute 4 file without a problem. Interestingly, the spindle does stop once the job file completes. Is there a setting we are missing in EnRoute 4?

Re: How to include a spindle start command in Enroute4 for Mach3?

Yes, Enroute does issue spindle commands if you have it configured to do so. But it will depend on the machine driver you are using in Enroute to generate your g-codes. And you have to have a spindle speed set in your tool path cut definitions.
    Which machine driver are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
    Our shop has been working with Enroute 4.1 and Mach3 for years. We recently had a hard drive fail. Luckily we had a backup of mach3 setting and we have full function (including spindle) via Mach3. However the settings for the EnRoute 4 were lost. My question is can Enroute 4 automatically include a spindle-start command in the .tap file generated. At the moment, we are having to start the spindle manually in Mach3 first then running the EnRoute 4 file without a problem. Interestingly, the spindle does stop once the job file completes. Is there a setting we are missing in EnRoute 4?
    You would probably need to add this in manually as this is unconventional. For tapping you would not need to start the spindle until the tapping cycle begins. Unless you are drilling the hole as part of the operation first. Or maybe you want to spin the tap to clean it a little before you start tapping. To do this automatically you might have to make a custom post processor that adds this in before a tapping cycle.

Would any of you have an Enroute 4 installer please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kcarpenter1986 View Post
    Would any of you have an Enroute 4 installer please?
    You can (or used to be able to) download old versions from Enroute's web site here.
    0https://www.thinksai.com/enroute-support
    Scroll down and look for legacy downloads

Thank you for the reply. But it only has 4.2.... and that will not work with my dongle... I need v4.0 i think