584,849 active members*
3,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Morbidelli a502 parameter software

Hi.

We are in the process of installing a morbidelli a502, while trying to install a disk from the aspan program, we seem to have changed a setting or lost the parameters for the plc, not sure how we did this but now the machine is saying plc switched off and will not turn back on, when we looked in parameters they all said 0. is it possible we have moved the parameter settings to another drive (checked on disk nothing there). We have since found you need to format the disks which we did not do but then the plc fault occurred. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know where we can obtain parameter disk.

Thanks stuart

Re: Morbidelli a502 parameter software

I just went thru what appears to be the same problem.

We have an SCM Tech 95 using a ESA Tria controller. Morbidelli and SCM are partnered. My manuals have Morbidelli references all over them. Our password is "morbi." I would suggest that your PLC battery has died. It is a 3.6 VDC AA style battery.

If replacing the battery doesn't fix your problem, you will have to reload your PLC parameters.

SCM provided us with the files that we need. We are in the states.

You will need PLC and possibly the machine parameters reloaded for your specific machine.

My next problem is getting a seat of ASPAN or finding another G-Code processor that has a SCM post processor. The Tria controller does nothing more than motion / PLC control.

Rich

Hi Rich.

We have now given up with the tria, both SCM and morbidelli do not have the complete parameter or PLC programme due to the age and version. I have opted to retrofit the machine to accommodate mach 3 software, I am in the early stages therefore still installing the hardware, this is being undertaken with a guy via the internet that has retrofitted many CNC machines by using mach 3. The cost will come in around £2000 to undertake this, well worth it as at least I will have a controller/software that is supported and will last for many years. This may be of interest, as a result of the retrofit I now have an ASPAN programme that I no longer use complete with dongle and fully functional. it is an old version but still useful and I have been informed by ASPAN it can be upgraded to the new version which is supported for £1500 if required. I am not sure if the programme is coded only to be used on my machine only you would need to find this out, however if it is of any use to you please contact me and we can discuss.

Stuart

I may be interested in ASPAN but I am more interested in your Mach3 upgrade strategy. I've upgraded three machines to Mach3 and two to Centroid. All were single vertical axis machines -- cnc routers, plasma tables, or mills. If I were to use my Tech 95 with just the router spindle, it would be useful but I already have 2 larger tables. The pod and rail system offers an alternate hold down strategy. But what appealed to me with the SCM is the 32mm drilling and the horizontal boring. These require much more complex programming of PLCs and post processors.

Do you plan to utilize the additional machining capabilities of your Morbi? If so, I'd be happy to collaborate.

My first CNC router was an AXYZ. They're lightweight (aluminum frame) Canadian machines. Respectable mechanically, stepper motors. I hated their software. It was an all in one affair where you imported a DXF, selected up to eight machining operations, sent the job to the table, and cut the material. No DRO. No G-code. What was terrific though, was that you could add up to four additional spindles each with its own XY offsets. I could add drills, tapping heads, and even sanding drums. Once they were mechanically secured, it was only a couple clicks and air lines to make them work. You could get a third of the functionally of a pod and rail machining center quite easily.

Doing it with Mach3 would be much more challenging.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you.

Best

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by stuartpeet View Post
    Hi Rich.

We have now given up with the tria, both SCM and morbidelli do not have the complete parameter or PLC programme due to the age and version. I have opted to retrofit the machine to accommodate mach 3 software, I am in the early stages therefore still installing the hardware, this is being undertaken with a guy via the internet that has retrofitted many CNC machines by using mach 3. The cost will come in around £2000 to undertake this, well worth it as at least I will have a controller/software that is supported and will last for many years. This may be of interest, as a result of the retrofit I now have an ASPAN programme that I no longer use complete with dongle and fully functional. it is an old version but still useful and I have been informed by ASPAN it can be upgraded to the new version which is supported for £1500 if required. I am not sure if the programme is coded only to be used on my machine only you would need to find this out, however if it is of any use to you please contact me and we can discuss.

Stuart
    Hello Stuart
    We have a Morbidelli 503. For the life of me, I can't get it to reload. I have been advocating to rebuild with new controller for 2 years. I am thinking of using Mach4. The biggest issue I see is programming the code for tool changer. Were you able to get that working with Mach3? I would be happy to pay for that piece of code!!! Or give me a contact to someone with that knowledge.

Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_CNC View Post
    Hello Stuart
    We have a Morbidelli 503. For the life of me, I can't get it to reload. I have been advocating to rebuild with new controller for 2 years. I am thinking of using Mach4. The biggest issue I see is programming the code for tool changer. Were you able to get that working with Mach3? I would be happy to pay for that piece of code!!! Or give me a contact to someone with that knowledge.

Rodney

i have the author a600ks that i picked up for cheap, this one will be getting uccnc, and the UC300ETH-Max product. why dont we get a few of us morbidelli retrofitters together in a diferent thread, we can post tech stuff there, what works, and how we did it
    message me if interested