584,814 active members*
5,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Hypermill > Move a tool to a safe position in XY

Move a tool to a safe position in XY

Hello,

Is there a way to move a tool to a safe position in XY? I mean, after having done it´s job but before the tool change, I´d like to move any kind of drilling and milling tool away from the part, first in vertical Z and then in horizontal XY.

In all operations (jobs), the Parameters / Safety / Clearance Plane and Distance are defined Z-direction, retracting the tool upwards. Is there a way to retract in XY-direction? Is there a setting within an operation that I missed? Is there maybe a specially dedicated operation for it? Maybe something in the postprocessing definition?

I´m using HyperMill Classic in HyperCad-S, 2018.1 for a 2.5 axis milling machine.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Move a tool to a safe position in XY

A G53 should do what you want.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Hi, being a dead noob...….I wrote some code and ended it with first a Z move then an X and Y move to park the tool at the back and left side of the vice for when I want to remove and reload a part......can't think of any simpler way to get the spindle out of the way.
    Ian.

Hello and thanks to everybody that answered to my first post.

In the end I found that within every Job Definition there´s a tab called NC.
    With the many years of Heidenhain-coding and some trial and error in the postprocessing, as I wasn´t sure how what I did was interpreted, it turned out to be quite a simple solution.

What I did is in the attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NC code.JPG