584,800 active members*
4,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Hyundai HiT 18s CNC lathe with Siemens 840c control

Hyundai HiT 18s CNC lathe with Siemens 840c control

I can not seem to figure out the correct settings and or way to load a G-Code program into my Hyundai Lathe with the Siemens 840c control. I am able to send a known and working program out of the control to my xlTransfer box with usb then open it on my PC, but I can not figure out how to get it back in the control. The Siemens 840c control should accept standard G-Code from my understanding but when I try sending the program over I keep getting alarm code 110032 " Error in Archive File" then the transfer stops. Can any one on here help or have advice on where to find a "usable" manual for this issue? I called the people who sold me the box and they say it is Siemens settings. They say I need to know exactly what the control is looking for such as start of program % end of program % EOB Character? I called Siemens and they say they will look into it... I understand that the 840c should accept standard program format such as

%
    O1234
    Machining G-code
    M30
    %

I wrote my programs in this way and also have tried reloading working programs that I have sent out from the control but still get the same alarm.
    I understand Hyundai changed the Siemens software a bit so standard manual are useless. Siemens confirms this. so i was told that possibly a parameter or setting on the control itself maybe wrong and changing the format as I resend the program back to the control. I do not know what theses settings should be or where to find them. I am very knew to this control I am familiar with programming on the control of a Sinumerik 840D with shop turn but not this Hyundai version.
    Any help on any of these programming, post, Loading, and control settings and parameters would be very helpful.
    Note that my control does not have the "SERVICES" option. if it did this would be much more easy because all the manuals refer to the "SERVICE" are to find and fix my settings, instead I have the "DATA I/O" option only.

Post Re: Hyundai HiT 18s CNC lathe with Siemens 840c control

I think the control is thinking you are sending an archive file.

For part programs transmission format should be Tape format. Check settings in the data I/O screen.

Manuals are on the Siemens website

Re: Hyundai HiT 18s CNC lathe with Siemens 840c control

Quote Originally Posted by PPman View Post
    I think the control is thinking you are sending an archive file.

For part programs transmission format should be Tape format. Check settings in the data I/O screen.

Manuals are on the Siemens website
    Thank you pman... I will try again with the Tape setting. I have the Siemens manual but the problem is that Hyundai changed the software of the Siemens controls that they put on their lathes. I dont have the "services" option on my Hyundai lathe which has all these settings they talk about in the manual so i have to figure out another way. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated... Thank you

We've got a Hit-15S & Hit-18S with 840c controllers. I've usually just used Hyundai's D-pro software to program/transfer but they stopped supporting the old software & the new software is fanuc only.These are the setting we use from Hyundai.
    Device type = universal, protocol=rtc/cts, baud rate=9600, stop bits=1, parity=none, bits per character=8, X on character(Hex)=11, X off character(hex)=13, end transmission charcter(hex)=03, leader/trailer=no, ready=yes, stop at=m02/m03, end of block=CRLF, beginning output after Xon=No, Time in seconds=60, transmission format=Punch tape format.

protocol setting(Wincom)
    port=com1, baud rate=9600, data bits=8, parity=none, stop bits=1, flow=RTS/CTS, terminal operation=autowrap, Use CN receive notifications & Display errors are on.

Hope this helps somewhat, there is a few other things you may also have to do if you have 110018 serial interface not initialized errors etc, but usually if you've got the above setting correct & the cable is correct it should transfer.

Transfer procedure for data to lathe.
    press communication button, press Data I/O, press data input, use the arrow keys, arrow down to user, press enter, arrow down to local, press enter, arrow down to the directory/folder/file you want, press enter, press input start, then go to the pc & press ok there to start the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by atmosports View Post
    We've got a Hit-15S & Hit-18S with 840c controllers. I've usually just used Hyundai's D-pro software to program/transfer but they stopped supporting the old software & the new software is fanuc only.These are the setting we use from Hyundai.
    Device type = universal, protocol=rtc/cts, baud rate=9600, stop bits=1, parity=none, bits per character=8, X on character(Hex)=11, X off character(hex)=13, end transmission charcter(hex)=03, leader/trailer=no, ready=yes, stop at=m02/m03, end of block=CRLF, beginning output after Xon=No, Time in seconds=60, transmission format=Punch tape format.

protocol setting(Wincom)
    port=com1, baud rate=9600, data bits=8, parity=none, stop bits=1, flow=RTS/CTS, terminal operation=autowrap, Use CN receive notifications & Display errors are on.

Hope this helps somewhat, there is a few other things you may also have to do if you have 110018 serial interface not initialized errors etc, but usually if you've got the above setting correct & the cable is correct it should transfer.

press communication button, press Data I/O, press data input, use the arrow keys, arrow down to user, press enter, arrow down to local, press enter, arrow down to the directory/folder/file you want, press enter, press input start, then go to the pc & press ok there to start the transfer.
    Thank you atmosports... I will give it a shot. I have used theses settings and still get the error... I am pretty lost at this point... But i will check into the folder i am trying to put it in, maybe im not setting up the location correctly any more advice on that would be helpful... I have little to no experience with the 840c control i learned on a 2008 840d control with shop turn so this control seems ancint and difficult. any advice is very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by atmosports View Post

protocol setting(Wincom)

Hi atmosports!

I have serial connection problems too. "110018 Serial 1 not initialized"
    What would be those few other things I may have to do to initialize it?

I have an older Dos, FlexOs based controller, not windows as U have mentioned.
    But I have checked the serial config file on the hard drive (something named like standard. whatever)
    Com port settings matches Yours.
    And in the "6026" serial enable in the mmd settings is turned on.

Any idea may help as the machine cannot run toolpath simulation as it crashes or hangs when i try to simulate a new hand written program.
    So the only option to use the machine is to simulate on some pc software and upload on serial.

if any one know hydraulic specification of Hyundai HiT 18S cnc lathe . please share

if any one know hydraulic pump specification of Hyundai HiT 18S cnc lathe . please share