585,973 active members*
4,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi Router Discontinued

Went to my lowes here in Topeka, KS to buy my router. Was informed thst hey do not carry the m12vc anymore they were a nonstockable item and that the can't get them. Guess my other only option is to order off line now...(chair)

Quote Originally Posted by biotech1 View Post
    Went to my lowes here in Topeka, KS to buy my router. Was informed thst hey do not carry the m12vc anymore they were a nonstockable item and that the can't get them. Guess my other only option is to order off line now...(chair)
    I got mine at Amazon and I believe it was about the best price going at the time. Currently, $119 and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-M12VC-...2145737&sr=8-1

Bob

Yep. Amazon still seem to have them and is the same price as Lowes.

I went to the Lowes in Sacramento this morning and they have 3 left so if there are any other stores near you then you could be lucky.

I'm looking at the Dewalt DW618 as another option for me as the power requirements in Australia are different and the Dewalt does 50Hz/60Hz so suites our 240v 50Hz system better with a stepdown for the voltage conversion. Very similar specs to the M12VC but costs a little more though.

Claudio

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioG View Post
    Yep. Amazon still seem to have them and is the same price as Lowes.

I went to the Lowes in Sacramento this morning and they have 3 left so if there are any other stores near you then you could be lucky.

I'm looking at the Dewalt DW618 as another option for me as the power requirements in Australia are different and the Dewalt does 50Hz/60Hz so suites our 240v 50Hz system better with a stepdown for the voltage conversion. Very similar specs to the M12VC but costs a little more though.

Claudio
    Checked all the other stores same reply. I will have to order off amazon Good lookin out guys...:rainfro:

Well I went to lowes here by my house, and bought another Hitachi Router, I asked the guy, "I heard that you were going to stop carrying the router, he told me I was wrong, they are going to keep carrying it, he also said the router is better than the Dewalt they carry." so I would just sujest ask the department or store manager to get it for you. sometimes people on the floor do not know the exact scoop on whats going on."

$128 total with tax.

Joe