584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > New DM1007 owner, looking for manual and info.

New DM1007 owner, looking for manual and info.

Recently purchased a DM1007 off Craigslist. 2000-2004 machine as far as I can tell, Pentium based.

I was happy with price and it was 5 mins from my house. It was not under power when it was listed but they powered it before I took it. All axis ran and so did spindle. Get it home, rewire for 220 and nothing turns on, not even PC. Measure my outlet and it shows 248v, so rewire for 240. Pc turns on and I get a drive axis error. No Plc comms or movement.

Call Roberto and he mentioned some over voltage stuff. Waiting for him to email me info, but while I wait anyone have any thoughts?

Also looking for any manuals besides what's on the machine. Or brochures. And pull studs...

Re: New DM1007 owner, looking for manual and info.

Ah! Morgan Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMetric View Post
    Ah! Morgan Hill?
    Gilroy..but almost the same thing.

I tried to send you a message but apparently you have it turned off....

I have the specs for the pull studs. They are not generally made anymore, which is problematic, but I think Roberto has some.... Surprised that 248V would cause any damage, so it is probably just something simple. I recently got a DM4400M, but it is a different type of beast from what you have. I was interested in the one you got, but it wasn't the right time for me.

I tried to send you a message but apparently you have it turned off....

I have the specs for the pull studs. They are not generally made anymore, which is problematic, but I think Roberto has some.... Surprised that 248V would cause any damage, so it is probably just something simple. I recently got a DM4400M, but it is a different type of beast from what you have. I was interested in the one you got, but it wasn't the right time for me.

On my way back from buying 20+ bt30 holders and almost as many pull studs.

In talking to Roberto, there's a pot that can be adjusted to allow for over/under voltage. With that info I go it going. Still need to build a stand and get it into the garage.

Are you local? Glad you didn't get the one I did ????. I guess I was the first to respond, first to look at it and I put a deposit on it without it powered up. Didn't want to loose out on this one.

Yes... I am in Sunnyvale. And, yes, I was interested in that machine for my brother. But buying something for him is money out of my pocket, so one can legitimately ask whether or not there is any logic in such an endeavor!!!! LOL

Yes... I am in Sunnyvale. And, yes, I was interested in that machine for my brother. But buying something for him is money out of my pocket, so one can legitimately ask whether or not there is any logic in such an endeavor!!!! LOL
    Well in a way you owe me a beer then. I saved you money. Haha.

Is your machine up and running? Just a hobby machine?

I should probably add these just encase someone else comes across this thread and needs some info.

Argh not uploading from my phone.

Yes, mine is just a hobby machine. I have it in my garage. I had to take the enclosure off, even though it is a fairly small machine, because I couldn't figure out a good way to fit it in with all of the other stuff I've got. But it will work out well. The 4400M is a three phase only machine because of the Mitsubishi control. If I wanted to be really creative, I believe I could probably make it into a single phase one, but I have a Phase Perfect, and it generate three phase that works well with CNC. The machine is running, but I'm doing some maintenance on it. I need to check an oil line, fix the light, repair a switch, etc. Nothing major, but it is still work that is sidelining other things right now.

Might as well add some updates to this.

Got an old tablet to use the screen out of, add in a controller for it and boom I have a screen on the machine again.

After making new doors, I needed to remake the handles for them as I was missing one. Got my first program and crash course in running the machine.

Yesterday I ran my 3rd program. Made a vise handle. Did have to run it twice and change how I was tackling part of it but in the end turned out good. Now I find myself trying to find more parts to make.

Did you ever find a copy of the programming manual online? Did you get the pull studs from Dyna?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronkeit View Post
    Did you ever find a copy of the programming manual online? Did you get the pull studs from Dyna?
    I found a Spanish version. Tried translating it but I ended up just playing around and am learning as I go.

I ended up finding a guy semi local who had almost 30 bt30 holders and collets for sale. He also had about 12 pull studs. Ended up just buying him out, which I am glad I did. It's been nice having a ton of tool holders ready to go.

I think I posted the measurements for the BT30 and CAT30 studs for those that wanted to take a stab at making them. Sadly, the studs are not readily available anymore. There are some companies that will make them, but you need to buy quite a few for them to justify doing so. That then becomes quite expensive unless you can aggregate a bunch of individual orders together.

I ended up with both CAT30 and BT30 tooling and studs. I had to take what I could find, although I would have preferred to standardize on one style. There are differing opinions on whether or not both can be loaded at the same time. An ex-Dyna employee said you can do so (although the carousel may, depending upon its age, may need to be slightly modified), while an owner that periodically visits this forum, has the strong opinion that you cannot. I haven't had the need to investigate this too much because I'm still in my infancy on the whole thing. Right now, my CAT30 tooling is adequate for me so my BT30 is presently idle (no, I don't want to sell it... probably ever!). Unfortunately, my carousel is such that I do need to make a modification to properly load the tool, and until that is done, I can't really measure whether or not the tapers are in the same position. That is the definitive answer as to whether or not the same Z during tool change operations can be used for both BT30 and CAT30.

I collect manuals, Jay.... I'd love to get a copy, if I can. Also, you are local to me. If you want a visitor, I'd love to see the machine (and vice versa, if you are interested). I'm into aviation (I'm guessing your 68 Yak refers to a Yak airplane?)

I think I posted the measurements for the BT30 and CAT30 studs for those that wanted to take a stab at making them. Sadly, the studs are not readily available anymore. There are some companies that will make them, but you need to buy quite a few for them to justify doing so. That then becomes quite expensive unless you can aggregate a bunch of individual orders together.

I ended up with both CAT30 and BT30 tooling and studs. I had to take what I could find, although I would have preferred to standardize on one style. There are differing opinions on whether or not both can be loaded at the same time. An ex-Dyna employee said you can do so (although the carousel may, depending upon its age, may need to be slightly modified), while an owner that periodically visits this forum, has the strong opinion that you cannot. I haven't had the need to investigate this too much because I'm still in my infancy on the whole thing. Right now, my CAT30 tooling is adequate for me so my BT30 is presently idle (no, I don't want to sell it... probably ever!). Unfortunately, my carousel is such that I do need to make a modification to properly load the tool, and until that is done, I can't really measure whether or not the tapers are in the same position. That is the definitive answer as to whether or not the same Z during tool change operations can be used for both BT30 and CAT30.

I collect manuals, Jay.... I'd love to get a copy, if I can. Also, you are local to me. If you want a visitor, I'd love to see the machine (and vice versa, if you are interested). I'm into aviation (I'm guessing your 68 Yak refers to a Yak airplane?)
    I can understand the want to not sell off any tooling. I need to stay off eBay so I don't buy more. Already bought another er20 holder for less then the cost of a nut. (I have one missing the nut)

I can share the spanish doc I have. I think it's in my Google docs right now.

A little show n tell could be nice. I'm always down to learn stuff.

No planes here. My first car was a 68 Pontiac LeMans. So yak is just short for pontiac. Although several friends are convinced it's from this one time camping and drinking too much where I proceeded to rid myself of my dinner in camp.

Can you send me your google drive link? I'd like to grab that manual for a look see.