585,762 active members*
4,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Need help: How to set ATC carousel clearance on '93 MCV-0P w fanuc Series 0

Need help: How to set ATC carousel clearance on '93 MCV-0P w fanuc Series 0

Hi

We have a Leadwell MVC-0P/fanuc (found in a ditch) which I'm trying to get working. We are a nonprofit mentoring highschool students in building robotics.

I'm trying to get the tool changer working losing parameters. The carousel is just touching the spindle nose during cycles.

Searching and with help from TriStar and Campat, I've found some info on tool changer alignment, but not for the fanuc Series 0 for our machine

Can anyone point us to an online source or post how to setup the z-axis for this machine?

Thank you
    gary

Re: Need help: How to set ATC carousel clearance on '93 MCV-0P w fanuc Series 0

From help from CAMPAT and fanuc, I was told to use either parameters 510 (z-axis grid shift) or 737 (REF2Z- distance from reference point to second reference point) and setting using [G91, G28, Z0] or [G91, G30, Z0] (respectively) to set the z-axis positions during change operations.

On the leadwell, using parameter 510 (grid shift ) has no effect on z-axis position.

Parameter 737 moves the z-axis, however takes it off ZRN and tool change fails due to not on ZRN

Moving this post to fanuc discussion https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...cnc-forum.html