584,829 active members*
5,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Turning > Multus B400 c-axis not accurate?

Question Multus B400 c-axis not accurate?

Hi first post on here, not sure whether it was the right section but here goes.
    Have a hard time getting within tolerance when either milling or drilling a 16mm hole off center.
    The tolerance is +-0.05 degrees but when mesuring with a zeiss accura we come always + 0.4 even when compensated.
    The piece is 123x900 and we use both center and supportbearing (have tried with one of each)
    Even tried c-axis rotation from rapid to feed with no results. Anyone have an idea what the issue may be?

Note that every measure was on the same piece but redone further in for testing.

Re: Multus B400 c-axis not accurate?

i dont have an answer for your question but i do have a question for you
    i recently stared working on an okuma multus b300 and im having issues toching a mill tool at BA=75 any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Hyparn93 View Post
    Hi first post on here, not sure whether it was the right section but here goes.
    Have a hard time getting within tolerance when either milling or drilling a 16mm hole off center.
    The tolerance is +-0.05 degrees but when mesuring with a zeiss accura we come always + 0.4 even when compensated.
    The piece is 123x900 and we use both center and supportbearing (have tried with one of each)
    Even tried c-axis rotation from rapid to feed with no results. Anyone have an idea what the issue may be?

Note that every measure was on the same piece but redone further in for testing.
    You should provide some more information:
    It sounds like the hole is being drilled on the face. Is this correct?
    The angle is off by .4 degrees to what?

I just noticed this was from a month ago. My guess is you already figured it out.

Anyone have an idea what the issue may be?
    hy, check geometry/alignment ... if you wish, share a photo with the fixture&tool, and i may suggest a few things / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

C is accurate, you have to check other

I think that misoperation.