585,604 active members*
3,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with Chinese laser using RD Works

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find an answer to my problem here hence the new post. I hope someone can help me.

I have a chinese laser machine and it's started to "jump". It will start engraving a line of text and then about halfway through it kind of moves an inch or so to the left to continue with the rest of the line so half the word is in one place and the other bottom half of the same word is an inch to the left.

I've been advised to clean the mirrors etc and I ensured the water was topped up and the runner that the laser was on was oiled and it stopped for a week or so but now it's doing it again so not sure if the cleaning was a coincidence or if it needs a deep clean or something.

We are based in Andover in Hampshire (UK) and are looking either for some advice on what to do or for a local engineer who might be able to come out and have a look. Any ideas would be welcome.

I hope you can help and thank you for your time in reading this.

Re: Help with Chinese laser using RD Works

Do you have the RUIDA controller?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes I think I do

This is my RUIDA controller.
    And are you importing your text objects into RDWorks, or creating your text objects in RDWorks?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes that is what we have.I am creating the text in RD Works and then downloading to the laser machine.

Have you tried to run another file since it started? It happened to me and I ran some vector images and redid the text file. It didn't happen again. Its almost like a corrupt file download. What version of RD?

If its jumping, then either the speed is set too high for the job, or your belt tension is off.
    What settings are you using?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Did any of these suggestions help? I am having a very similar issue and it happened at the same spot both times (or at least very close) I tried the file. I am worried it’s and issue with my gantries which I’m nervous about because I’ve never had to fuss with them yet or oil them. I’m fairly new to all this, just got my first laser and have been scouring the web for answer, not sure what keywords to use for the problem.

I will try to resave the file and cross my fingers it’s a file issue instead of a hardware issue.
    But anymore knowledge on what it could be or what to check or do on the physical machine would be very helpful