585,938 active members*
3,248 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Zero touch prob

Hello. Does anyone have a photo of the wiring of a zero touch probe to a PRT-E1500 or a link to were i can find this info .Thank you for any support.

Re: Zero touch prob

PRT-E1500 with be the model number for the VFD drive for the spindle motor

various Chinese CNC machine builders make control boxes that look identical on the outside but the electronics inside can be very different

some use an all in one BOB & stepper drivers on a single board

others a BOB & individual stepper drivers

Photos of the inside showing the printed circuit boards will help identify what you have

some times they don't always install all the components to the BOB's PCB used in machines without a connector to plug in a touch probe

example of a BOB with some parts not installed

Attachment 430218

photo taken of the net showing the inside of a CNC machines control box

the PRT-E1500 VFD board is in the foreground

Attachment 430220

John

Thank you John for your reply. I will Take some photos. and return back.

Hi John. Here are the photos. the 2 holes are where i was going to put a connection for the touch probe so the wires don't go straight through.

James

Hi James

you need to connect the probe to the red board in your first photo

this is the USb motion controller you have

Attachment 430264

looking closer the board has 4 inputs

Attachment 430266

assuming the board replicates a PC parallel printer port

I guess IN1 to IN4 on the board will be pins 10 to 14 in mach 3 /4s pins and ports set up

I expect the terminal DCM is going to be the common terminal for the 4 inputs

it looks like the 4 opto-isolators LEDs are connected to +24V via 4 resistors to limit the LED current

when an input terminal ( IN1 to IN4 ) is grounded to the terminal DCM

John

PS

possible input wiring

Attachment 430268

Thank you John for taking the time out of your life to help me it is much appreciated and honorable. Just a recap if i put the probe wire into IN2 and the ground into DCM then im good to go. In the first photo if you look at the top on 5v you can see 4 wires that are twisted together,one of them was just barly holding so in the next photo all fixed gloud i found that.

Hi John. Photo of installed wires hope its all the right way. haven't turn the power on as yet waiting for your reply. the red colour is probe and the the green is ground. James

Hi James

that looks correct

do you have a multimeter ?

can you confirm one of the black wires connected to terminal DCM goes to the 24V power supplies negative output terminal

and a red wire connected to the 24V terminal goes to the 24V power supplies positive output

which touch probe do you have ?

is the probe isolated from the machine

or does it connect the machines body / spindle to the motion controller connection DCM terminal (the green wire ) ?

John

Hi John. Here is the photo of the prob. I have a friend who is a tv repair man, he has no knowledge of cnc probes but he check it for me and it was showing 22.8 v. This is not my area of knowledge and have never used a multimeter but this looks like its going to work I will now set it up in mach3. I will give you feed back and hopfuly a vidio as well. Thank you very much John will return tommrow. James.

Hi John. I open up mach3 and tested the prob this is whats happening. In photo 1 shows when the tool touches probe. The second pic is settings. 3rd pic needs a script g-code, can you recomend any that is in metric. Thank you.... James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0.JPG   1.jpg   2.jpg  

Hi James

The probe wiring in post 9 looks correct with the isolated touch plate connected to the boards input

Looking at the second photo in post 10 the probe is assigned to pin 15

As the board only has 4 inputs I expect you need to assign the probe to one of the other 4 possible input pins - pins 10 to 13

I have not used scripts with mach 3 so I can't answer your last question

John

Hi John. Can't seem to stop it activating the e-stop. when i touch the two togeather it should light up the digitize as in the photo and not the others. I played around with ports and pin settings with no success. Not sure what to do now. Ill have to do more reserch and hopfuly find a answer to this. I would like to thank you for your time and help John. Im a little bit further today then i was a few days ago and for that i thank. James

Hi John. I found a photo online showing the probe wiring. Hope it can help others. James