584,814 active members*
5,180 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > SERVICE FOR CNC-MACHINES > troubleshooting Y axis not syncing/almost, weird cnc machine.

Question troubleshooting Y axis not syncing/almost, weird cnc machine.

Hi

hope this is correct forum for this.

i have problem with an machine "boarke BWM-S482AVD"
    https://www.boarke-tw.com/product-DO...LE-CNC-05.html

seems it has Osai controller and drivers.

the problem is that one table cant keep up with the other table,
    no fault codes in CNC panel. i can see that the position of the tables are in sync in the pc controll.(Y1 and Y2)
    but one table moves little slower before position/or comes to position after the other table.

this results in that one table make oval holes in plywood and the other makes perfect circles.

i can not feel any slopp in the table, both are rigid.

what could be wrong? where do i start finding the fault?

of course this machine is from taiwan and uses boway-cam and some unknown software interface.
    and support is hard to find!

i have had in mind to switch driver from one table to the other or switch motor, but this is far from my skillsett!.

hope any one can help! thanks.

BR

I'll see what we can do. I'll need it connected to the internet. I'm on the east coast of the US and it will have to be in my evenings after my field work is done. Shoot me a message and we can exchange info

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy4u View Post
    Hi

hope this is correct forum for this.

i have problem with an machine "boarke BWM-S482AVD"
    https://www.boarke-tw.com/product-DO...LE-CNC-05.html

seems it has Osai controller and drivers.

the problem is that one table cant keep up with the other table,
    no fault codes in CNC panel. i can see that the position of the tables are in sync in the pc controll.(Y1 and Y2)
    but one table moves little slower before position/or comes to position after the other table.

this results in that one table make oval holes in plywood and the other makes perfect circles.

i can not feel any slopp in the table, both are rigid.

what could be wrong? where do i start finding the fault?

of course this machine is from taiwan and uses boway-cam and some unknown software interface.
    and support is hard to find!

i have had in mind to switch driver from one table to the other or switch motor, but this is far from my skillsett!.

hope any one can help! thanks.

BR
    There should be system parameters to check the position of the slave axis within a tolerance, the parameter might be wide open allowing a positioning error without a fault occurring.