584,802 active members*
4,955 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V32 CAM Tree Flyouts

V32 CAM Tree Flyouts

Have you tried this new feature? Top level editing of common settings, So much faster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Xc2QAWKYg

To setup a one on one live demo use this link: https://bit.ly/2pYs0ee
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Re: V32 CAM Tree Flyouts

File Bloat issue sorted in this version?

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    File Bloat issue sorted in this version?
    Nick

Well I suppose it is in a way as you can now "dump" the CAD tree from what I hear, as you are aware if it has taken many CAD ops that does greatly increase the file size but it is a case of save out the original with all ops and then save again without the CAD tree, it does reduce the file size enormously
    The "Bloat" is still there but there is now the opportunity to workaround it to some extent, down side is with all the additions to the CAD tree now with the "flyouts" being used (and abused) it pushes the file size up rapidly so although very useful (to some folks) IMHO use sparingly

Regards
    Rob

I am not sure that the CAM Tree flyouts have anything to do with the size of the CAD file. But you are correct that the CAD history tree you can now optimize to reduce files sizes. Yes you can choose to delete the cad histor, again reducing the size of the file.

The CAM Tree flyouts allows users to edit / display setting about the job, machine setup, features and operations.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    I am not sure that the CAM Tree flyouts have anything to do with the size of the CAD file. But you are correct that the CAD history tree you can now optimize to reduce files sizes. Yes you can choose to delete the cad histor, again reducing the size of the file.

The CAM Tree flyouts allows users to edit / display setting about the job, machine setup, features and operations.
    Hi Al
    Yes, I am with the way it allows users to edit/display settings, to be fair I haven`t downloaded a Demo version of V32 so it is a bit of educated guesswork on my part, to me just displaying something for information purpose is unlikely to increase file size but as for editing things then as that is making changes to the file I would expect editing to add to the file size

I am happy to be proved wrong on this, just my way of looking at things I suppose

Regards
    Rob