584,805 active members*
5,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics ML15 Centurion 6 how to change G18 plane

Milltronics ML15 Centurion 6 how to change G18 plane

Hi, ive got an older milltronics ml-15 lathe with the centurion 6 control. I am posting code to it and I have a problem when it comes to an arc with G18 plane which i believe the control is reading as XZ instead of ZX which is what it needs to be. The manual is unclear to me and I have tried to find the setting in the parameters using proto3 level 3 but i can not find it. The setting I believe I am looking for is PB79=1. I hope I explained this clearly. Thanks for any help.

Re: Milltronics ML15 Centurion 6 how to change G18 plane

Hi, The manual does not list the G18 parameter like the mills do. ( Mills) The plane is XY (G17), ZX (G18), or YZ (G19).

As you mentioned, PB79=1 ( not sure if that is correct but, to change the "bite parameter you would do so in the MDI .
    F5 (MDI) enter PB79=1 and press enter, cycle start the parameter will be changed.

Soprtybob

Re: Milltronics ML15 Centurion 6 how to change G18 plane

There is no difference with ZX vs XZ .... it is the same plane

A lathe is set to XZ (G18) by default.... it may not accept the G17/18/19 codes nor have any parameter that can be altered.

This choice of working planes usually appears when you have live tooling & have more that 2 programmable axes

The actual plane to be chosen is defined by what plane an entire arc lays on ( start, end & centre points )

Most problems arise from manual programming errors.... ie forgetting the X movement has to be doubled or just a bad calculation or mis-typing.
    Or CAM setup of wrong arc definition ie IK or R use & how the control needs these stated