586,000 active members*
5,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Looking for beginner cnc machine to engrave bullet casings.

Looking for beginner cnc machine to engrave bullet casings.

I am currently engraving bullet casings with a manual new Hermes engraving machine. I want to streamline the process a little bit and get a cnc router or laser engraver. The problem I'm having when I look up the machines, is I don't know if they can engrave on the rounded surface or not. What is an inexpensive beginners engraving machine? would prefer it to be desktop sized and am I better off with a router or laser engraver? Any help is appreciated.

This is Sharon from China, I am here because we are share the same interest in engineering and product development. I work in advanced manufacturing and support start-ups to fortune 50 companies with their development needs.
    We specialized in 3D printing, Vacuum Casting, Bending, CNC machining, Stamping and extrusions, Rapid tooling, Injection Molding, if you need any supports for those services, send a message to [email protected] at any time.

Re: Looking for beginner cnc machine to engrave bullet casings.

How much is 'inexpensive'?
    Where are you located?
    A 4 axis CNC router will do the job. Laser will need to be 4 axis as well.( Don't know if they even exist.)
    No experience with brass, but I would think you may need a reasonable machine to do this.
    Others may be able to offer more specific info.

Re: Looking for beginner cnc machine to engrave bullet casings.

that's a good question. would prefer in the $400-$700 range but im just trying to get an idea. definitely nothing around $10,000 but a few hundred to $1500.