585,973 active members*
4,237 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Milling > Big difference between the drawing and the work piece.

Threaded View

Big difference between the drawing and the work piece.

Hi Everybody,

I have tried to find the solution to my problem, but I found only a part of it.
    When I have used multiple depths of the contour milling, the wall of the workpiece wasn't straight, it was like a staircase. I found a loose screw at the end of my X-axis based on one of the posts, thank you for this!

My other problem looks a bit more serious.

- when I mill only contour or pocket, the dimensions of them are perfect
    - when I drill holes, the distances between them are perfect too
    - when I want to combine them in one workpiece, they are shifted relative to each other.

If I swap the X and Y axes, the shifting will be on the other axis. You can see it on the shifted pocket contour.jpg, there is 6pcs sample. When the depth is only one step (0.25 - 0.5mm), it looks everything is perfect (perfect.jpg). There is a pocket in the centre of the workpiece and there is a hole in the centre of the pocket or workpiece.
    When the depth is 2-4mm, still ok (perfect.jpg). When it is 8-10mm, they are shifted.

As I saw the deeper the cutting (more steps, multiple depths, or longer code??), the bigger the shifting. Sometimes there is a big shifting (big shifting.jpg)

I have tried the adaptive clearing but I have cried after I saw the finished workpiece. I have no idea what happened and I don't know is there any connection between this and the previous problem or not.

So you can see the problem in the pictures (adaptive input.png and adaptive output.jpg)
    The cutting is not inaccurate, it is horrible.

The distance between the holes (points) are perfect on the workpiece and the outer dimensions are perfect too.

On the other workpiece, I have tried the adaptive clearing, but 1mm is missing from the left side of the left component and the pocket isn't exactly in the centre of the right component (adaptive.jpg).

I'll upload more photos about the problem to my Google drive, the code if you need, setup of the milling software, I hope they will help more.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YC...7Qo5Uvb6UGbLEh

I have a Chinese CNC4030Z with 800W spindle and bl-usbmach 2.31 motion controller. At the moment I try only to draw the shape of the drawing to the paper with different setups, but my ideas don't work.

What I have tried so far:
    - if I change of the cutting speed, the lines between the 5pcs workpiece are straighter, but still far from the 90 degree
    - I have tried to connect the motion controller card to the laptop with shorter USB cables and in different USB connectors, didn't help
    - I have tried to reduce the micro-steps from 1/8 to 1/2 (in the software and on the driver's PCB as well), didn't help
    - I have decreased the acceleration and speed of the servos in the software, didn't help
    - I have increased the numbers of look-ahead in the software from 20 lines to 200 lines, didn't help
    - I have checked the stepper drivers, now there is (enough) grease between the chip and the heatsink (...), didn't help. I also checked the screws between the axes and stepper motor, they are tight.
    - I think it doesn't affect anything, so I only mention that I got the machine without any grounding, therefore I have grounded all the part of it and connected to the ground for safety reasons.
    - I have tried with another version of the software.
    - I have replaced stepper motor drivers, but there isn't any change.

Many thanks in advance for helping with my problem!

Kind Regards,
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adaptive input.jpg   adaptive output.jpg