584,817 active members*
4,691 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Alberti CNC90 -SRG TEXT problem

Hi there,

We are using our Alberti Fromat CNC90 for a while now.
    The problem we have, because programs getting bigger, is that we have a -SRG TEXT problem.
    Is there a way to upgrade the software so we can use more lines in 1 iso file?
    I hope somebody has got a reply on this one soon!

Regards,

Paul van 't Hoff

Any news?
    Regards,
    Paul.

Re: Alberti CNC90 -SRG TEXT problem

I have a Busellato SuperEasy that had the same problem on CNC90 (I can't remember the exact limit).

I have a couple of suggestions:
    Break down the G-Code into separate files, and run individually.
    Use subroutines to pull in separate files.

I dropped my CNC90 controller, and was forced to upgrade - I bought some Mesa cards and use LinuxCNC now. I can now use modern CAD/CAM and the machine can do a lot more sophisticated stuff, with no line limit!

It can cost about $500 for the hardware, LinuxCNC is open-source, and the guys on the forum are eager to help out anyone getting started; I highly recommend the upgrade path, partly because I enjoyed the "journey" as it is a hobby machine with no time pressure, and I can introduce whatever upgrades I can imagine now I'm up and running!

Hi Huey
    I have a alberti running ptp400 I am very interested in your upgrade I am experimenting with dos box so I can import new but my machine does not find grrrrrr import exe ?????? I am thinking your linux may be the answer any info would be great ,I live next door perth australia

I have the same problem, which card did you use specifically? How did you integrate it into the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky1 View Post
    I have the same problem, which card did you use specifically? How did you integrate it into the machine?
    I've had to look back through my emails but it looks like I used a 7I77-5I25 PLUG-N-GO KIT as the main conversion because of the servo drives, and a 7I71 Isolated remote power driver card to add a bunch more outputs. I also grabbed a 7I92M Anything I/O Ethernet card for when I upgrade my console unit to a mobile one.

I'm away from home but if you want some more info, message back and I'll have a closer look at how I did it when I get back to NZ this weekend.

(I do remember having to swap the encoders for 5V ones as the originals were 12V - the Y- and Z-axis were cheap "Omron"-copies off eBay, and the X-axis was a genuine Heidenhain but they've all performed fine for me since 2019?)

Have a look at my post at Uploading to CNC90 and see if you can find any clues about import.exe.

I'm not aware of many Alberti/Busellato owners Down-Under. If you want any advice about upgrading to LinuxCNC, I'm happy to help out where I can!

Hi Huey was hoping you could help I have cut and paste my original add that I have posted on forum I have an old cnc Alberti that I have managed to get working through dos box I am having major trouble with getting programs to upload so I have to type g code manually I know nothing about ms dos and I do not know anybody that does, was hoping that you guys could shed some light ,I don't expect for free ,I have spent days on the internet ,the system is running on windows 7 professional 64bit I will forward the program so if ms dos guru out there please let me know? apparently it needs an import exe program I have a copy from another guy but cannot get to work regards Steve

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...CM?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rm?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by rigmorcat View Post
    Hi Huey was hoping you could help I have cut and paste my original add that I have posted on forum I have an old cnc Alberti that I have managed to get working through dos box I am having major trouble with getting programs to upload so I have to type g code manually I know nothing about ms dos and I do not know anybody that does, was hoping that you guys could shed some light ,I don't expect for free ,I have spent days on the internet ,the system is running on windows 7 professional 64bit I will forward the program so if ms dos guru out there please let me know? apparently it needs an import exe program I have a copy from another guy but cannot get to work regards Steve
    Oh no, I missed your post! So sorry, but I imagine you have sorted it seeing as this was a couple of years ago.