585,933 active members*
3,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > lb3000exii myw mtool crash wont tool change

lb3000exii myw mtool crash wont tool change

came in the other morning to a crash into subspindle while program was using mtool. the crash caused the mtool drive to slip or lose its proper orientation to do a tool change. its about 40 degrees off. i dont have photos as of right now but hope to have some by end of the day. is there a place or a way that i can hand jog the m axis to the correct position and set this location as the orientation position in a parameter? thank's ahead of time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: lb3000exii myw mtool crash wont tool change

hy try this :
    ... jog the M axis
    ... put a simple live tool, without the screws, on the working station, then rotate the live tool by hand, and feel if the motion is continuous; after that, jog the M axis continuous ( keep the button pressed a few seconds ), and check if the displayed effort is constant; if it's not constant, and deviation is :
    ...... great, you need to re-align the M spindle;
    ...... low, you may continue without worries, at least for now

please, before continuing with next steps :
    ... be sure that M spindle is aligned
    ... check the M spindle chuck and live tool holder tail, to be free of marks, thus be sure that surfaces are nice and smooth

... remove the live holder from the working station, and put it 3-4 posts above
    ... go to (*1), write the old value on a piece of paper, and set a new M-origin, and index the turret only 1 post up then down, so to orient the M axis, to reflect the new origin
    ... set the turret to index from pulse handle (*2) push the button to index the turret : this will only unclamp the turret, but it won't continue to rotate it; now, use the wheel to rotate it, and gentle approach the post with the live holder, and see how it behaves; keep your hand on the live holder axis, and feel the tension; adjust M-origin, until you can rotate the turret, from the pulse handle, from one post above to one post below the working station, and without feeling stress on the live holder axis; far as i remember, if you use pulse handle wheel, is not necessary to have the turret at X+ limit ( this is ok, so to index the turret closer to you ... otherwise you may fall on the chip conveyor, and be dropped into the chips bucket )
    ... before clamping the turret back, be sure that (*4) is close to a value from list (*5); don't go for 3rd digit, 1-2degress should be just fine

... if you wish to calibrate with increased precision, then please take a look at attached image : dial the T

... there are low chances, but if you have ever used a setup that uses (*3), and if the toolholder(s) is(are) on the shelf, then input the difference between newMorigin and oldMorigin inside the log of your programs

during colision, the machine was cutting, or the turret was indexing ? do you need help to check the geometry/alignment of the machine ? a small crash is always a charm / kindly

*1 machine sys para \ turret&door, page 5/8 \ m spindle angle 4 turret index a side
    *2 machine user para \ turret&door page 1/2 \ nc turret pulse handle a side
    *3 system para \ m page \ m orient offset
    *4 automatic mode \ display change \ axis data \ rapa T
    *5 para \ turret angle
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

thanks d kittin... great info... not sure i need the other info but wont know until i am able to change the tools. unfortunatly they (our wonderful maintenance dept.) tried the tool change and got her all jammed up because they didnt remove the tool and align first... so now i have to fix it... hahaha will let ya know if i need the other info... thanks again

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hy, it was critical to re-align the M spindle before doing an index with a live tool, but it seems that the maintenance boot was in a rush

if something needs to be checked, i put a cloth on the spindle, so to warn the next person that we need to talk, or to make him remind about something / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg