584,874 active members*
5,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > PathPilot Manual not in Dual Column mode ??

PathPilot Manual not in Dual Column mode ??

Does anyone know of a copy of the PathPilot manual that is NOT in 2 column mode ??

(;-) TP

Re: PathPilot Manual not in Dual Column mode ??

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Does anyone know of a copy of the PathPilot manual that is NOT in 2 column mode ??

(;-) TP
    All my PDF Files load and display per the current settings. Easy to change as desired.

Sorry but I don't follow you. I have adobe reader and do not see any options for changing how it is displayed.

(;-) TP

Hmm, when displaying PDF documents with a reader the format is fixed by the author. You cannot change this within a reader program.

All the Tormach manuals I've ever seen are single column. I'm thinking you are seeing the pages displayed side by side such as this:

And what you're looking for is something like this:

Or this:

This is called simply setting the page mode, side-by-side, single fit page, single fit width & etc. These settings are accessed using various menus in your reader. I use Foxit Reader so how this is accomplished is different than Adobe reader.

Anyway, if this is not what you're talking about I have no idea what you mean???

P.S. I find Foxit Reader to be a better reader than Adobe and it's free. You can also install it on your controller since there is a linux version too. Nothing like having the manual right on your machine.

Here is a simple example of single column and dual column. The manual is a mix of both and makes it harder to read. Multi column mode is normal used in newspaper printing. But it make a poor book format.

(;-) TP

OK, you cannot do anything about that because the author (Tormach) decided to lay it out like that. Using a reader you can only view the document as is.

If you have a PDF editor then you could re-edit the document to your liking assuming the security setting allows it.

Looking at my PCNC 1100 S3 manual (PDF) I see that Tormach does allow anyone to change the document. So if you have a PDF editor & some TIME you could make it anyway you like!

I see, forgot this all changed a while back for me.
    I view pdf with windows 10 web browser / pdf reader, yet a different method from shown above. I get options for 1 or 2 pages, text size, format, table of context even have it read out loud.
    Microsoft constantly changes how this stuff works when you use their basic products. I tend to change / adapt pretty fast and forget what I used before.

I see manual for MX shown above. Did you pick one up?

No But I am converting a Bridgeport VMC with ATC over to their software using teh MX profile.

(;-) TP