584,800 active members*
4,443 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MK3/9 new firmware + ExtOut board

Hi,
    I own an MK3 / 9 Controller; after updating the firmware for the new TNG v.2 the ExtOut board with relay at each new switch-on has all the active outputs, which did not happen with the old firmware used with CNCUSB. I think it is a peculiarity / bug of the new firmware as the outputs are activated even if the software is closed (therefore with the controller only turning on). At the moment I have no device connected to the relays and with the M64 command I can disable them but the fact that they are activated at power on could be dangerous when I connect accessories to the outputs.
    My ExtOut card is the PoExtBusRe of Polabs very similar to that of Planet.

Re: MK3/9 new firmware + ExtOut board

ExtOut keeps state with H1 when software is turned off. But after controller power on sequence it should be reset. I will fix this.
    You can try H2 which does not keep state.

With H2 I don't solve ... for now I haven't connected anything to the relays ... I'll wait for your solution.
    Thanks

Then I did not understand your problem. Only Ext port of H1 keeps state. If you send data to H2 port then it is send only once and thats it. When controller is powered it does not send anything on H2 port, only on H1.

In my opinion the TNG configuration does not change the behavior of MK3 at power up. Both using H1 and using H2, when I turn on the controller (both closed TNG and open TNG) the ExtOut outputs are all active; for this reason I thought it was a firmware problem.

Do you also power cycle relay board? Because it has its own memory and persists state unless it gets different command.

Yes, I turn everything on with the same button. Do I have to try a different sequence?

This behavior did not occur with the old firmware. tomorrow I will try to restore the controller to V1 to verify.

I managed to restore the firmware of my MK3 / 9 to V.1 and confirm what was stated above. With Firmware V.1 when the controller is switched on (and additional cards) the ExtOut relays remain deactivated.
    While, after updating to Firmware V. 2 again, the ExtOut relays are activated at power-up.