585,604 active members*
3,309 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Measure Grid Z and other features disabled on Planet CNC's CNC USB Controller

Measure Grid Z and other features disabled on Planet CNC's CNC USB Controller

Hello,
    I just got a very simple chinese CNC 3-axis gantry router that is based on a MK1-clone (JP-3163B) controller and includes the CNC USB controller software of version 2.10.1208.601. I managed to get the machine running and did some primitive milling jobs in plywood, acrylic and aluminium.
    My goal is to make PCBs though.

Therefore I tried to gather a matrix of z height values of the PCB base material to later compensate for the warping of the board. My problem is that Machine -> Transformation -> Capture & Measure Points -> Measure -> Measure Grid Z and most other features are greyed out (disabled).
    I've done some research on that problem (maybe using the wrong terms) with little to no success...
    That's what I've tried:
    • In Settings -> Tool Sensor I checked "Enable" and entered some size, retract height, etc. values
    • In Settings -> Inputs all check boxes are greyed out. So exported, modified and reimported the settings file. Now everything is still greyed out, but "Use Tool Sensor" is checked.
    • Created some tools and selected one via Machine -> Tools -> Change
    • Restarted the program, the PC, the CNC-Machine dozens of times...
    • Set XY and Z zero Positions and moved the tool around.
    • Measured Tool Length

In total I've spent days without any success. I'm desperate and hoping for your help

What are the preconditions for that menu item to become active?
    Is it dependent of the controller board or might this be a license issue?
    What else should I try to get it working?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Re: Measure Grid Z and other features disabled on Planet CNC's CNC USB Controller

i ran to similar problem. were you able to find solution? can you share how you did it?

Quote Originally Posted by tomi_wunder View Post
    Hello,
    I just got a very simple chinese CNC 3-axis gantry router that is based on a MK1-clone (JP-3163B) controller and includes the CNC USB controller software of version 2.10.1208.601. I managed to get the machine running and did some primitive milling jobs in plywood, acrylic and aluminium.
    My goal is to make PCBs though.

Therefore I tried to gather a matrix of z height values of the PCB base material to later compensate for the warping of the board. My problem is that Machine -> Transformation -> Capture & Measure Points -> Measure -> Measure Grid Z and most other features are greyed out (disabled).
    I've done some research on that problem (maybe using the wrong terms) with little to no success...
    That's what I've tried:
    • In Settings -> Tool Sensor I checked "Enable" and entered some size, retract height, etc. values
    • In Settings -> Inputs all check boxes are greyed out. So exported, modified and reimported the settings file. Now everything is still greyed out, but "Use Tool Sensor" is checked.
    • Created some tools and selected one via Machine -> Tools -> Change
    • Restarted the program, the PC, the CNC-Machine dozens of times...
    • Set XY and Z zero Positions and moved the tool around.
    • Measured Tool Length

In total I've spent days without any success. I'm desperate and hoping for your help

What are the preconditions for that menu item to become active?
    Is it dependent of the controller board or might this be a license issue?
    What else should I try to get it working?

Thanks in advance and best regards!