585,754 active members*
3,853 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Question about a live center cartridge

Question about a live center cartridge

I am new here, I am hoping someone can help me identify what machine this live center cartridge is for. 60mm shank with a carbide tipped live center. Its really pretty cool, but I can't figure out what it was made for. Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20191103_125818404.jpg  

Re: Question about a live center cartridge

A picture would be helpful. But I'm guessing it is not machine specific, you could use it with any machine that would accept a 60mm shank tool. That would be a big machine.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

I tried to attach a picture, I see the attachment, does it show up for you? Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20191103_125818404.jpg  

It seems that attachments and avatars for newly registered users do not show up on the forum (to discourage spammers I presume). So we will not be seeing any pictures from you for a little while.

I agree, a live center is usually a generic tool that can be used in any machine it can physically fit in.

Thank you, I think your right that I haven't been around long enough to post a picture. I'll have to repost sometime when I am able to post pictures. This thing is pretty cool though, I don't know what kind of machine could use a 60mm straight shank center. My best guess is its a really big twin spindle machine. Thank you!