584,842 active members*
4,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question How to clamp/Unclamp tools automatically??

Hi,
    I am trying to find the codes needed to be able to automatically clamp and unclamp the tool from the spindle with in a cnc programme. This is because we are now using robots to run over night and we want to be able to change the tools half way through the night but to do this we need to be able to release the worn ones and pick up new ones from a fixture. Ive been looking online but yet to find anything. On HAAS machines apparently it is m82 and m86 to do this?

However we are working with fadal CNC machines.

Thanks

Re: How to clamp/Unclamp tools automatically??

See if you have a macro installed in memory #O9020. This is the macro that the Fadal tool change calls. There should be details in there how to handle the drawbar solenoid and all the limit sensors. I hadn't looked, but I think I'm going to because that could be very handy.

Looking in the fadal operations manual, M6 calls macro O9020.
    In that document, it says a M180 activates the tool out button. Try it, let us know if it works!

See here.....
    https://itscnc.com/images/tech%20doc...0M%20Codes.pdf

Richard

Re: How to clamp/Unclamp tools automatically??

I tried these early this morning, and they don't work, or at least not from MDI.
    I haven't tried using it in a macro call. I do not see a macro called O9020 either.

I'm starting to think that document is for a different controller.

Richard