509,534 active members
4,587 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM
Page 1 of 3 123
Results 1 to 12 of 34
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    159

    3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    Hello to all ,
    I have a 3040-t cnc router from ebay and I am trying to get the spindle to come on using the program rather than using the spindle on switch and the speed pot knob also wanted to make the spindle shut off when the e-stop button is pressed . Right now when I push the e-stop button the spindle is the only thing that does not stop . I have searched youtube and I have found a few videos doing this but it was done a different type of controller box .


    This is the youtube video I was talking about it was posted by a man named Charles Sarsfield the only thing is this is a different type of box than the one I have

    https://youtu.be/OeBqSI8oevA

    The box I have is called mini cnc controller it does not have usb port on the back

  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2021

    Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    Hi Michael82

    For some reason you have private messages disabled


    Can you post detailed photos of the inside of the control box ?

    When I'll know what spindle speed control and breakout board you have
    I can work out what wiring you need to switch the spindle on & off

    John

  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    Hi Michael82

    For some reason you have private messages disabled


    Can you post detailed photos of the inside of the control box ?

    When I'll know what spindle speed control and breakout board you have
    I can work out what wiring you need to switch the spindle on & off

    John

    Hey john I checked my settings but cant see y I dont get PM's any way here are the pics from my box

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    Hey john I checked my settings but cant see y I dont get PM's any way here are the pics from my box
    This is the bob

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    This is the bob
    More pics of the power supply and spindle controller

  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    422

    Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    Do you have a reason to believe the spindle can actually be started by some means other than the switch?I might well be wrong,but can't see how a spindle with a switch can be started with the switch in the off position as the circuit will be broken and if the switch is in the on position it will be turning.I acknowledge that there could be relay on a parallel connection,but do you think there will be such a thing on a fairly basic machine?

  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    159

    Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    watch the video that I posted at the bottom of this thread the guy in that video did it .. the switch comes from the unused relay switch on the driver board

  8. #8
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    422

    Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    When I read the part where you posted "This is the youtube video I was talking about it was posted by a man named Charles Sarsfield the only thing is this is a different type of box than the one I have " it seemed likely that the difference in the type of box might be more than skin deep. If you have carried out the change and it hasn't worked,that would tend to support my belief.The obvious next step is to apply a multimeter to the output from the controller to the spindle to see if a voltage is being sent.

  9. #9
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    159

    Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    When I read the part where you posted "This is the youtube video I was talking about it was posted by a man named Charles Sarsfield the only thing is this is a different type of box than the one I have " it seemed likely that the difference in the type of box might be more than skin deep. If you have carried out the change and it hasn't worked,that would tend to support my belief.The obvious next step is to apply a multimeter to the output from the controller to the spindle to see if a voltage is being sent.
    I should have explained myself a bit more sorry for that , rather than assuming that this could be done I should have asked , I have not carried out any changes yet and that is why Im here asking what it would take to make this happen ..... but knowing the difference between the box shown in the video and the box I have... made me asssume that this could be done even if I have to buy the same hardware as shown in the video.

  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2021

    Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    going by the limited view in your photos

    its going to take more details to reverse engineer your control box


    the control in the video is easy in conparison as it has the spare relay on the combined BOB and 3 axis driver board
    and labelled terminals on the PWM spindle speed control

    Attachment 431216


    in your control box

    you have a very simple BOB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	controller   BOB.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	431222

    and 3 individual stepper drivers
    Attachment 431218


    your spindle speed contol looks like a modified power supply with a remote potentiometer
    Attachment 431220

    if its as I expect
    you may be able to connect an unused signal from the BOB to a relay with a built in current amplifier

    the relay then switching the mains supply to the spindle control

    John

  11. #11
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    159

    Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    going by the limited view in your photos

    its going to take more details to reverse engineer your control box


    the control in the video is easy in conparison as it has the spare relay on the combined BOB and 3 axis driver board
    and labelled terminals on the PWM spindle speed control

    Attachment 431216


    in your control box

    you have a very simple BOB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	controller   BOB.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	431222

    and 3 individual stepper drivers
    Attachment 431218


    your spindle speed contol looks like a modified power supply with a remote potentiometer
    Attachment 431220

    if its as I expect
    you may be able to connect an unused signal from the BOB to a relay with a built in current amplifier

    the relay then switching the mains supply to the spindle control

    John
    so should I just redo the whole box??? make it alot like the video change the single stepper drivers to a 3 axis stepper board and change out the spindle driver I will take some more pictures of the sp[indle box open to get a better view of what is inside . Im at work now so around 4:30 central time I will post more pictures.... Thanks John for even looking at this for me as others just want to say it cant be done

  12. #12
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2021

    Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

    this is the first relay I found that may enable your BOB to switch the mains supply to your spindle

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IACS 1 Channel 25A 30A 240V Relay Board SPDT Arduino Raspberry Pi 1XHCEL Optical.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	431224

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IACS-1-Ch....c100752.m1982


    John

Page 1 of 3 123

Similar Threads

  1. 8 spindle rotary Cnc router making craket bat
    By omnisales6 in forum Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2016, 04:02 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 07:09 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 08:57 AM
  4. Router Won't Turn On At Beginning of Program
    By notselrach in forum Machine Problems, Solutions , Wireless DNC, serial port
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 10:08 PM
  5. G-Code to turn on and off router, non-spindle
    By Sam A in forum G-Code Programing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 02:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •