584,802 active members*
4,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM
Page 5 of 7 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    I have a c22 board...but I guess that wont help
    John what pci parallel port card do you recommend I get I have a start tech pci parallel port adapter card . Do you think this is y I am having trouble with the selector switches and encoder

Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

As I said in post 68 unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer as to which adaptor works

we need a member using a PCI card to give details on which card they have working

as its 00:20 I'll have another search in the morning

which BOB inputs did you connect the rotary encoder A & B outputs ?

john

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    As I said in post 68 unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer as to which adaptor works

we need a member using a PCI card to give details on which card they have working

as its 00:20 I'll have another search in the morning

which BOB inputs did you connect the rotary encoder A & B outputs ?

john
    This is the setup of the mpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15770298731453263367840305035797.jpg  

From what I can see from the photos
    it looks like the wiring is correct

the main thing is the printer port adaptor is set up correctly with pins 2 to 9 set up as inputs

If its like the the first printerport with pins 2 to 9 set as outputs

you would have the rotary encoder A & B outputs connected to printer port outputs
    which could damage the encoder and printer port

John

the main thing is the printer port adaptor is set up correctly with pins 2 to 9 set up as inputs

you would have the rotary encoder A & B outputs connected to printer port outputs

John
    I tried to reinstall mach 3 to get the port drivers to work properly

John
    Hey john I just got the new mpg in and the encoder is good on this one the reason I know is the lights on the c22 board light up when I turn the dial but now mach3 is not seeing it what do u think I should do to test this

Hey john I just got the new mpg in and the encoder is good on this one the reason I know is the lights on the c22 board light up when I turn the dial but now mach3 is not seeing it what do u think I should do to test this
    So after some playing around I got the rotary dial to work but I still have to use the tab button to select which axis and the resolution isn't where it should be but hopefully someone had had this problem before and help out

looking at the manual for the C22 Rev 4.3 pendant interface I see it has LED to indicate the state of the inputs

do they confirm the switch status changes when you chang the switch positions ?

John

looking at the manual for the C22 Rev 4.3 pendant interface I see it has LED to indicate the state of the inputs

do they confirm the switch status changes when you chang the switch positions ?

John
    Yes the c22 lights up every turn of the dial and every click of the selector switches

This is why I keep going back to the pci adapter card I have been doing some looking and few results. All the results I see is adding a lpt port to run the machine rather than run a mpg . PMDX-1PARPCI is a card I have been looking at do you have any experience with pmdx??

This is why I keep going back to the pci adapter card I have been doing some looking and few results. All the results I see is adding a lpt port to run the machine rather than run a mpg . PMDX-1PARPCI is a card I have been looking at do you have any experience with pmdx??
    The pci lpt2 port adapter is brand new and is capable of epp,ecp that is y I never have thought to replace it but after some playing around I found if I unplug the pci card from its slot and plug it into a different slot or the same slot the selector switches work but not the rotary dial, I can not get it to repeat...it is random with no pattern sometimes the dial works and not the switches and then sometimes the switches work and not the dial

with the various LEDs coming on as you select different switch positions
    the next question is does the pin number next to the LED agree with pin you have assigned to that switch possition ?

whats the part number on the two 10 pim ICs ? - 74xxx244 or 74xxx245 ?

I assume the switch grounds the IC input

depending on the IC number the switch signal may be inverted

for the for the 74xx244 or 74xxx245 for example
    the pin needs to be active low in ports & pins (xxx = two or three letters to indicat the IC version?)

John

with the various LEDs coming on as you select different switch positions
    the next question is does the pin number next to the LED agree with pin you have assigned to that switch possition ?

whats the part number on the two 10 pim ICs ? - 74xxx244 or 74xxx245 ?

I assume the switch grounds the IC input

depending on the IC number the switch signal may be inverted

for the for the 74xx244 or 74xxx245 for example
    the pin needs to be active low in ports & pins (xxx = two or three letters to indicat the IC version?)

John
    John here are some pics the help see the LEDs on the c22 board. I have 2 10 second videos showing the rotation of the dial but they r too large to load from my phone I will try and upload them from my work computer at 6am usa central time...and there is a picture of the printer port card is that where the 74xxx number will be ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15776752099896953664265096001217.jpg  

from the photos I can see the printerport adaptor uses the MOSCHIP MCS98005V-BA

Attachment 433804

on the photo of the C22 board I can not read the IC numbers but expect they are octal buffers like the 74ACT245

Attachment 433806

I would expect to see 2 LEDs flicker while rotating rotary dial

and 2 LEDs to be on to indicate the possition of the switches

another LED to be a power ON indicator

John

from the photos I can see the printerport adaptor uses the MOSCHIP MCS98005V-BA

Attachment 433804

on the photo of the C22 board I can not read the IC numbers but expect they are octal buffers like the 74ACT245

Attachment 433806

I would expect to see 2 LEDs flicker while rotating rotary dial

and 2 LEDs to be on to indicate the possition of the switches

another LED to be a power ON indicator

John
    Ok that picture labeled only plugged into pc does not have the mpg plugged into it that is only plugged into the pc

Ok that picture labeled only plugged into pc does not have the mpg plugged into it that is only plugged into the pc
    Here is the c22 board ....you are correct it is a act245
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15778330168985416972534537986801.jpg  

taken from the manual

Attachment 433818

in addition to input pins 10 to13 +15 you have on the first printerport

on the second printer port pins 2 to 9 are bidirectional that can be either 8 inputs or 8 output

the C22 MPG interface has 13 LEDs showing the logic levels on the inputs and 1 LED for the output pin 1

assuming the A & B outputs of the MPG are connected to pins 2 & 3 the LEDs 2 & 3 should flicker as its rotated

for 6 out of the 7 positions of the axis select switch 1 of 6 LEDs should be on

for 3 positions of the rate select switch 1 of 3 LEDs should be on

John

taken from the manual

Attachment 433818

in addition to input pins 10 to13 +15 you have on the first printerport

on the second printer port pins 2 to 9 are bidirectional that can be either 8 inputs or 8 output

the C22 MPG interface has 13 LEDs showing the logic levels on the inputs and 1 LED for the output pin 1

assuming the A & B outputs of the MPG are connected to pins 2 & 3 the LEDs 2 & 3 should flicker as its rotated

for 6 out of the 7 positions of the axis select switch 1 of 6 LEDs should be on

for 3 positions of the rate select switch 1 of 3 LEDs should be on

John
    Ok so the pins 2 and 3 are signal A and signal B but when the dial is rotated only led 2 flickers

Led 1 is always on

And for the other 6 out of 7 leds/pins they all work besides pin 5 and 6 , if you seen in the video I emailed you when I switch between those 2 the led dims when i select z axis . Do you think that means there is some kind of wiring mixed up ? I would think since the led doesn't come on like the other and just dims that there is a problem I dont know enough about this kind of thing HELP

Status update I have installed the new PMDX-1PARPCI card with no results so I stated digging in mach3 and .....I was assigning oemtriggers but I was not telling mach what to do with them so in SYSTEM HOTKEYS I assigned the corresponding function to the correct oemtrigger and I now when I turn the dial the lights flicker in the diagnostics page and on the tab page the right axis and resolution works with what is on the mpg but ....yes but.....the dro readout is not moving it is getting the signal but no movement hopefully a mach3 guy is out there and can help

FINALLY wow I have finally got this mpg pendant to work . It was windows xp not assigning the correct pin to the correct wire so after some very intense testing I was able to match up the pins to the correct wires on the mpg and it did the trick . So now I can finally get back to the original project that started this post which was getting the spindle to work thru mach3 and /or a program ( m3,m4) . I have the relay john-100 told me about and I will wire that up and try and get the spindle to work under command via mach3...will keep you guys posted

P.s. if anyone had any suggestions or has done this before please feel free to chime in

Page 5 of 7 34567