584,814 active members*
5,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

GSK controller query

Good day all,

Has anybody had experience on a GSK928TD-L controller, specifically around the CREATING OF A CORDINATING SYSTEM? I bought the controller as I was informed that it is similar to the FANUC controllers which I have many years of experience. Fanuc is similar to the GSK980 controller, but the GSK 928 is totally different from what i am seeing.

Is the Machine Reference or Machine Zero return required? The supplier tells me it is not and that it functions on floating system but did not explain further, the manual is barely legible and I am unsure how to proceed. For clarity:

What is the machine zero position and how is it found/set?
    What is the program zero position and how is it set?
    What is the job Z 0.0 position and how does it differ to the program zero position?

The problem I have is that the program starts running from where it came to an end and does not return to the absolute X and Z (the edge of the part been turned) of the program. The error grows progressively with each component machined.

Any assistance or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Re: GSK controller query

Quote Originally Posted by peterm98 View Post
    Good day all,

Has anybody had experience on a GSK928TD-L controller, specifically around the CREATING OF A CORDINATING SYSTEM? I bought the controller as I was informed that it is similar to the FANUC controllers which I have many years of experience. Fanuc is similar to the GSK980 controller, but the GSK 928 is totally different from what i am seeing.

Is the Machine Reference or Machine Zero return required? The supplier tells me it is not and that it functions on floating system but did not explain further, the manual is barely legible and I am unsure how to proceed. For clarity:

What is the machine zero position and how is it found/set?
    What is the program zero position and how is it set?
    What is the job Z 0.0 position and how does it differ to the program zero position?

The problem I have is that the program starts running from where it came to an end and does not return to the absolute X and Z (the edge of the part been turned) of the program. The error grows progressively with each component machined.

Any assistance or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you are right, the GSK980 is similar to Fanuc.
    The GSK928 is much simpler.

GSK928 and GSK980 are built by different platforms, so their operations are different too.
    GSK980 has PLC edit function while the GSK928 has not.

For GSK928TD-L first power on and initialized, if the program zero position is not set, then the default program zero point will be set as below automatically.
    X=150 Z=200

If the CNC lathe has not set machine zero point (means no deceleration signal, no zero ponint signal)
    We can use below to set up machine coordination.
    INPUT U new coordinate value, ENTER, to set current X axis position as new coordinate value
    INPUT W new coordinate value, ENTER, to set current Z axis position as new coordinate value
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html