584,808 active members*
5,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > 3016 "new" (to me): excessive coolant splash leaving big mess

3016 "new" (to me): excessive coolant splash leaving big mess

Hi,

I have a "new" (to me) a Doosan 3016 and I do have the manuals but nowhere in my manuals do they show the configuration of the chip tray / coolant tank and in setting this one up I feel like either I did it wrong or am missing a piece (or wtf with the design ??).

Basically: any time you run the coolant, as it leaves the machine and drains out to hit the tank there is excessive splashing as it hits the chip tray. Now, ok some splashing is normal. But this is excessive - to the point where theres a huge puddle to the side of the machine if you run coolant on for any decent length of time - and no it isn't leaking. The puddle is from overspray / splashing as it hits the tray - and a few drops bounce out but it really adds up fast. For now I've just rigged up some "walls" but I'm thinking I've set it up wrong as no one else I see in pictures has any "walls" set up nor do they have big puddles beside their machine...the tray has its own "walls" along the front edge of the machine but its as if they needed to be extended and wrap around...

and what are the two small "cutouts" at the top of the splash wall (one on either side) for ? it looks like some sort of contraption (that I might not have) would go into there...

thanks for any tips

Re: 3016 "new" (to me): excessive coolant splash leaving big mess

Is the drop guard that overlaps the installed chip pan in the down position?
    Is the machine installed to the correct height so the guard can be dropped to overlap correctly?
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Hey sorry for the delayed response... apologie I'm not sure what you mean by "drop guard"... but it sounds like thats what I'm needing ! There is a chip pan (lot of perforated holes runs across the enitre front tank). Theres a perforated screen that slides in at like a 30deg angle underneath it. The machine is at the specified height, with approx a ~1 inch gap from the bottom front edge of the machine to the top of the front edge of the coolant tank / chip tray. What I've done is just laid umhw / rubber around the sides to try to contain the mess but I'm sure I'm missing something here...

I'm on vacation this week. I teach a class as soon as I return. Please check your parts book for the appropriate replacement guard.
    If you don't have a part book, provide the serial number to your local dealer and they can assist you in finding the part or getting a replacement book.

I have parts book. And the manuals. There is zero mention of drop guard, or anything similar. Its ok.. In any case, was hoping someone else can shed light on why this is going on, or if its normal. My nearest rep is 4 hours away so not keen on hiring him a minimum of 9 hours just to tell me its "normal"...

But this is excessive - to the point where theres a huge puddle to the side of the machine if you run coolant on for any decent length of time - and no it isn't leaking.
    hi, you are lucky a new machine arround here is leaking big time .... about yours, if you wil share a few photos, i may suggest some 'walls'

My nearest rep is 4 hours away so not keen on hiring him a minimum of 9 hours just to tell me its "normal"...
    send him a video / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by phatbob View Post
    I have parts book. And the manuals. There is zero mention of drop guard, or anything similar. Its ok.. In any case, was hoping someone else can shed light on why this is going on, or if its normal. My nearest rep is 4 hours away so not keen on hiring him a minimum of 9 hours just to tell me its "normal"...
    Do you have any guard in the area where the coolant pan interacts that looks like this drop guard?
    Send a picture/video of the leak to [email protected]

Thx Daryl i will send you a pic. I still cant figure out what you're showing me in that pic, so I'd say "no". The machine isn't 'leaking', its splashing out from the top...

hi

im tracking this post but youre picture does nothing for me
    i can not see the bigger picture (fault on my part) .

like my photo Attachment 433760

that is a piece of ijfel tower in paris

greetings Bertus

hy, the ijfel tower is leaking everywhere ... especialy when there is a rainy cloud above it regardles of picture size