585,589 active members*
3,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

KBMM-125 Question.

I have a KBMM-125 hooked up and working on an X2 fully manual mill. How would I go about adding a Forward/Reverse for the stock motor? I'd like to be able to run my boring bar head backwards to do a few unconventional cuts that I don't want to buy the extra tooling to do. If I can reverse the direction, I just have to turn my tool around and would be able to cut in a reverse direction.

I've tried a DPDT (fwd-stop-rev) switch with the A+/A- hooked up with some jumpers and what not in an attempt to reverse the wires, but I still just spins CW. Don't worry, I ALWAYS hit the e-stop switch to shut the matching down when doing anything but turning the speed control knob.
    This DPDT switch worked fine for a forward and reverse with the factory board, but doesn't with the KBMM-125.

Any advice?

Re: KBMM-125 Question.

This is how I had the DPDT switch wired before with the factory control board when it worked for forward and reverse. Nothing was wrong with the board when I replaced it with the KBMM-125, I just wanted the extra torque the new board provides.

It is simple with a DPDT relay, doing it this way you just have to observe when the motor has stopped before reverse takes place, you can also add another relay and also switch in the L1 & L2 inputs in order to come up through accel etc.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Never mind, I guess I hooked the switch up wrong when I rewired it, works fine now.