584,817 active members*
4,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Other Machine Topics > Compressor opinion: Coaire

Compressor opinion: Coaire

Does anyone have any input on Coaire scroll compressors? I have one that currently doesn't work and I am trying to figure out if it is worth trying to get it up and running. Everything spins, and blows air when I manually engage the magnetic contactor, I know it is an electrical problem. Just not sure if it is worth doing anything with.

Re: Compressor opinion: Coaire

Could be a pressure switch problem, not sure what other safety controls might be on the system, low oil switch maybe? Should be simple to fix. If that's the only problem and otherwise the compressor is working OK, then I would say fix it.

Looks like you can download service manuals here Coaire - Air Compressors - Downloads if you don't already have one.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

I haven't done much with it yet, but I did test sensors. Everything seems to be ok at this point. I am thinking it is the LCD control panel. The machine was wired for 480 3 phase, but I only have 230 3 phase at my shop. Every component on the compressor is dual voltage, so I did spend a bunch of time changing over to the 230v wiring. There is some wiring that I have to change over for the lower voltage inside the control box, specifically the LCD controller transformer. I just don't know how far I want to go with this compressor. If I can't get the control to give some notion of life I do not think I will go any further. I just figured I would try and see if there is any input on these compressors.

What kind of controller does it have? Does it give you any error message or code? If the pump itself is working, the compressor is DEFINITELY worth fixing.