585,778 active members*
4,262 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > 6040T 800w spindle tight, need new bearings?

6040T 800w spindle tight, need new bearings?

Hey alll, been running my 6040T for about a year now and noticed the spindle temps were running consistantly higher, coolant system is as normal then I noticed spinning the spindle by hand is a lot stiffer then normal and now that I was listening for it, it sounds different when running. It’s still runs ok but I’m guessing this means the bearings are shot?

Does anyone know if the bearings are replaceable? And how it’s done exactly? What the part numbers are or will they likely be stamped into the existing bearing?

Is it worth the hassle or just better off getting a new spindle?

Re: 6040T 800w spindle tight, need new bearings?

Quote Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
    Hey alll, been running my 6040T for about a year now and noticed the spindle temps were running consistantly higher, coolant system is as normal then I noticed spinning the spindle by hand is a lot stiffer then normal and now that I was listening for it, it sounds different when running. It’s still runs ok but I’m guessing this means the bearings are shot?

Does anyone know if the bearings are replaceable? And how it’s done exactly? What the part numbers are or will they likely be stamped into the existing bearing?

Is it worth the hassle or just better off getting a new spindle?
    It's always good to have a backup spindle, but not all can afford to do that, yes the Bearings are replaceable, you will need to make some wrenches to fit the spindle nuts as if you damage these your spindle will be trash as these parts are part of the balancing of the spindle, the top nut is left hand thread, the Bearings may have the numbers on them but it is easy just to measure the ID and OD and width of the Bearing this gives you what size it is

These are AC ( angular Contact Bearings ) so the orientation of the Bearings is the important part so take notes and photos of how the Bearing configuration is

You can buy the same Bearings from China as these are a precision Grade sealed and would be too expensive for your local Bearing supplier
    Mactec54