585,759 active members*
3,985 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Doosan Puma 3100LY bar feeder problem

Doosan Puma 3100LY bar feeder problem

So after two years or something like that my bosses decided its finally time to set up unused bar feeder called Spacesaver 2410.

And here lies the problem or should i say somewhere amidst the bar feeder and bar feeder subprogram.

Also machine is operated with Siemens 828d and not Fanuc.

Also subprogram

M31
    G0 Z50
    M69
    M51
    G4 F3
    M51
    G0 Z0.5
    M68
    G4 F3
    M17

Barfeeder sends alarm "waiting for m code" around m code M51 which is supposed to be right code but i have no idea anymore.
    So where lies the problem.

Any help strongly appreciated.

Thank you.

Also bar feeder loads new bar into lathe but stops stops when material is at the lathe and sends out the upper alarm.

Re: Doosan Puma 3100LY bar feeder problem

It's waiting for some kind of confirmation. M51 is the code for Bar Feed in Fanuc land, but it may not be in Siemens land.

Re: Doosan Puma 3100LY bar feeder problem

Quote Originally Posted by MetaldesignSLO View Post
    Also bar feeder loads new bar into lathe but stops stops when material is at the lathe and sends out the upper alarm.
    This is from a timer being set to a slightly shorter number than the reload time requires. Set it higher. Timer for M51
    I don't know what that is on a siemens control. Your local Doosan Dealer or Local Doosan branch should be able to assist with that Siemens control.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479